Berkshire Annual Meeting Video Archive

QuickFS

Yeah I agree - what a great service to provide to the groupies.  I started at the oldest and am working through them as I have time.  Apparently we have Steve Burke (BRK board member, runs NBC U, daddy ran ABC at cap cities) to thank for this generous act!

Funny thing is Warren has changed a lot in the way he speaks, he had a more serious personality in '94, spoke much faster, etc...  Charlie was basically exactly the same!

This thing is amazing.  Watched the 1994 meeting in entirety last night.  Enjoyed it very much. 

Bill Ackman asked a wiseass question about Citi.

Yeah I agree - what a great service to provide to the groupies.  I started at the oldest and am working through them as I have time.  Apparently we have Steve Burke (BRK board member, runs NBC U, daddy ran ABC at cap cities) to thank for this generous act!

Funny thing is Warren has changed a lot in the way he speaks, he had a more serious personality in '94, spoke much faster, etc...  Charlie was basically exactly the same!

This thing is amazing.  Watched the 1994 meeting in entirety last night.  Enjoyed it very much. 

Bill Ackman asked a wiseass question about Citi.

I watched all the highlight reels first.

Yep, I noticed that too.  Fits with other the videos of him around the same time, like the UF and UGA vids.  They were definitely working on perfecting the act. 

They look so much younger, but they were already in their 70's right?  I always thought the eyebrows and glasses were a neat touch.  The two liters of coke on ice were also a trip.

Charlie seems the same, but he has really started to open up the last few years it seems to me.  Good question about books and he started to get going on Ben Franklin, but WEB kind of cut if off with a joke.  He also recommended a Connie Bruck biography, about Steven Ross (time warner guy not the RE guy). 

I also added the Janet Lowe biography of Ben Graham to my massive backlog/wish list based on his mention in this year's meeting.  I went ahead and got the kindle version of the Gibbon's, The Decline and Fall of Ancient Rome (looks like it's an abbreviated 3 volume edition), but it was only $9.

I really need to try and accelerate the transition to gentleman of leisure, as the day job is really crimping my reading time.  ;D

Either in 1994 or in current year WEB made some interesting comments about managements generally having an interest in running a larger enterprise regardless of profitability.  He sounded like a charming Icahn there for a minute.

EDIT:

Man 1994 was good.  I listened to the second half (no video).  Did a little summary post on it. 

Chris Davis tried to ask a couple of security specific questions and got shut down.  haha. 

WEB talked about Keynes at the end.  Gave a pretty robust answer (I've heard him kind of shut that down before).  I noticed Munger didn't say a peep (and WEB didn't ask him to) when WEB was talking about Dexter shoes and how great the management was.  They even talked about derivatives and reinsurance.

Guest longinvestor

This is a treasure chest for die hards like myself. One clear lesson that we can learn from watching these archives are those obvious mistakes (Dexter etc.). Hindsight is 20-20 in this case. For us, that is. To learn for myself, just need to not let my thickheadedness come in the way.

I watched part of the 94 meeting. I'm looking forward to watching all of them over the coming months.

I noticed he was a lot more guarded in the 90's with stocks they are buying. Buffett talks about what he is buying and selling all the time now (Apple and IBM) whereas in 94 he wouldn't even talk about what he likes about Wrigley in case they might buy it in the future.

Truly amazing indeed, this stuff only happens in the groupie's wet dreams.

On the other hand, I somehow feel a touch sad and can't help make the link between this publication and WEB and CM's tiredness at the AGM this year. I truly, truly hope I'm wrong.