Buffett interview links on his 87th birthday 20170830

kiwing100

He also did a fox business interview with Liz Claman from the same restaurant -

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2017/08/30/warren-buffett-id-do-it-for-president-trump.html

Maybe I missed it - did anyone ask him about Oncor?  Pretty surprising that he flat out said Mondelez isn't going to get an offer from KHC.  Not so much that they aren't interested at these prices, just that he was so open and matter of fact about it being a "no."

Guest longinvestor

wow brilliant...

87 years young... - talking Tech, Banks, Insurance, Politics, and Consumer Brands/loyalty...

No wonder Berkshire hit an all-time high today :)

Sincerely,

VM

Stock has been on a tear before today. To me, it is just a sign that Mr. Market is coming to his senses re: relative valuation of Berkshire versus the darlings of the day. Or even the Snp. Maybe this is a sign of the two way correction ;) There are many around here who have been scratching their heads over the relative under-valuation for some time now. There is much more room for Berkshire to run. Even after the run up, using a BV of $200k per A, likely over the next few qtrs, we are still in the <1.5x territory. I like it and I don't like it as I have some buying left to do.

wow brilliant...

87 years young... - talking Tech, Banks, Insurance, Politics, and Consumer Brands/loyalty...

No wonder Berkshire hit an all-time high today :)

Sincerely,

VM

Stock has been on a tear before today. To me, it is just a sign that Mr. Market is coming to his senses re: relative valuation of Berkshire versus the darlings of the day. Or even the Snp. Maybe this is a sign of the two way correction ;) There are many around here who have been scratching their heads over the relative under-valuation for some time now. There is much more room for Berkshire to run. Even after the run up, using a BV of $200k per A, likely over the next few qtrs, we are still in the <1.5x territory. I like it and I don't like it as I have some buying left to do.

Right now,

Valuehalla is - because of currency movements - down 12.33 per cent on Berkshire, alone based on currency movements, this year,

I'm - because of currency movements - down 10.91 per cent on Berkshire, alone based on currency movements, this year,

Neither of us whine on here.