Author Topic: Sorry Warren! Another year of dragging ass...  (Read 3824 times)

Parsad

• Administrator
Re: Sorry Warren! Another year of dragging ass...
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2017, 03:35:24 PM »
I've read textbooks on bankruptcy law

Any recommendations?

Business Reorganization in Bankruptcy is incredibly detailed, but it's almost so dry and detailed that I wouldn't advise reading it from an investing practitioner's perspective. Distress Investing and the Vulture Investors are much better for distilling a lot of the concepts in a relatively condensed and entertaining way.

You sound like some kind of law student on this. Get a prip on it, or stay out. The FELP topic comes to mind.

John Hjorth, in case you don't know, there's an ignore option in CobF. It's there to keep jerks out of your circle. It is a giant waste of time trying to reason with p$!cks.

Hey guys, watch the language you use...much nicer ways of getting your point across.  Better yet, if you don't agree with someone, post a well-thought out reply or ignore.  Also ask that other posters facilitate the discussion by not antagonizing or pricking (used as an adverb, not a noun) other's sensitivities!  Cheers!
No man is a failure who has friends!

Parsad

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2017, 03:46:29 PM »
Also, Scotty is like Andy Kaufman...his art is trying to get people to freak out one side or the other.  You don't have to like his art, but you have to admit it is well thought out and solicits some sort of response from the reader.  I wouldn't be surprised if some hedge fund gives him a billion dollars to manage pretty soon. 

Then he'll be on CNBC, his fund will blow up after buying up a basket of AI stocks, and he'll be prosecuted by the Justice Department for using fund capital for his coke habit with Jim Chanos.  Finally, he'll finish off with a tell-all memoir on how he got his start here on COBF, and what an ass the site administrator is.  But he will never let the facts get in his way...only yours! 

Hope that little blurb was up to your standards Scotty!    ;D  Cheers!
No man is a failure who has friends!

longinvestor

• Lifetime Member
  • Never interrupt compounding unnecessarily -Munger
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2017, 04:33:12 PM »
Also, Scotty is like Andy Kaufman...his art is trying to get people to freak out one side or the other.  You don't have to like his art, but you have to admit it is well thought out and solicits some sort of response from the reader.  I wouldn't be surprised if some hedge fund gives him a billion dollars to manage pretty soon. 

Then he'll be on CNBC, his fund will blow up after buying up a basket of AI stocks, and he'll be prosecuted by the Justice Department for using fund capital for his coke habit with Jim Chanos.  Finally, he'll finish off with a tell-all memoir on how he got his start here on COBF, and what an ass the site administrator is.  But he will never let the facts get in his way...only yours! 

Point taken. My earlier post redacted!

ScottHall

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2017, 01:10:37 AM »

Thank you Parsad. You are a man who can truly appreciate the finer things in life.

We anticipate receiving your $1 billion check by the end of the week. All Become One When Growth Exceeds WACC, so we expect the value of your investments to compound at a rate approaching for the foreseeable future. Any given year it might be a little more or a little less, but over the long run, we expect our investors to have claims equivalent to the world's annual economic output which we expect to experience hyperbolic growth as the Singularity arrives.

My quarterly letter is in the mail. I request that you DO NOT distribute it publicly, as it contains proprietary information regarding our allocation to each of our four holdings and it would cause great financial harm to us if others were to copy our allocations in Facebook, Amazon, Netflix and Google instead of investing in our fund directly.

Thank you for your confidence in us. We won't let you down.

Scotty Hall
Founder & CEO
Horsefeather Capital Management

You can follow me on Twitter @ScottMONEYHall

NOW YOU CAN HEAR MY THOUGHTS ON DONALD TRUMP'S INAUGURATION AND WOMEN'S MARCH HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-ynv6znjfQ

DooDiligence

• Hero due to post count (No superpowers as of 2017)
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2017, 05:07:08 AM »

Thank you Parsad. You are a man who can truly appreciate the finer things in life.

We anticipate receiving your $1 billion check by the end of the week. All Become One When Growth Exceeds WACC, so we expect the value of your investments to compound at a rate approaching for the foreseeable future. Any given year it might be a little more or a little less, but over the long run, we expect our investors to have claims equivalent to the world's annual economic output which we expect to experience hyperbolic growth as the Singularity arrives.

My quarterly letter is in the mail. I request that you DO NOT distribute it publicly, as it contains proprietary information regarding our allocation to each of our four holdings and it would cause great financial harm to us if others were to copy our allocations in Facebook, Amazon, Netflix and Google instead of investing in our fund directly.

Thank you for your confidence in us. We won't let you down.

Scotty Hall
Founder & CEO
Horsefeather Capital Management

I think I'm experiencing hysteresis...
abev | aapl | bbh | cri | ew | esrx | nsrgy | nvo | rgr | trow | vde

flesh

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2017, 02:45:52 AM »
That last bit was the first time I've LOLed on COBF. That doesn't happen often so thanks. It's like tears, I get about 2-6 tears a year.

In a sense I use to write copy for my direct mail marketing, basically, I took the copywriters work and changed about 10-20% twice a year for a decade. It's absolutely astounding what people respond to when in a emotional state. For some this is most of their lives. I use to think I was a scoundrel, fooling people and all, now that I've experienced the other end of the spectrum, unabashed honesty with others, they think I'm a scoundrel.

flesh

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2017, 03:21:30 PM »
Omfg, I just read this again after some whiskey and couldn't stop laughing.

You've encapsulated a meaningful part of my life thesis here.

ScottHall

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2017, 05:43:13 PM »
Omfg, I just read this again after some whiskey and couldn't stop laughing.

You've encapsulated a meaningful part of my life thesis here.

Thank you, Flesh. I'm glad you enjoyed my post and that you managed to take something away from it.

I'm glad to see another marketer on here. Most people on this site don't appreciate the dark arts.
You can follow me on Twitter @ScottMONEYHall

NOW YOU CAN HEAR MY THOUGHTS ON DONALD TRUMP'S INAUGURATION AND WOMEN'S MARCH HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-ynv6znjfQ