Author Topic: Buffett/Berkshire - general news  (Read 467708 times)

Zorrofan

• Lifetime Member
Re: Buffett/Berkshire - general news
« Reply #890 on: August 15, 2018, 03:06:18 PM »
Don’t like this news but it rings inevitable.He’s done enough to educate and energy needs to be conserved some day.

I am predicting a big transition announcement in 2019 to mark 50 years since the last big transition from the partnership.

Sadly, it does feel like the end of an era is drawing near. IMHO what will be surreal is the first AGM without WEB &/or CM. Or will they start cutting the Q & A shorter,  bringing Todd & Ted up to answer some of the questions?

As to the Q&A, it will take way more than two people to answer post current management. Some sort of meeting will happen! They don’t want to give up on all those dilly bar sales!

The biggest challenge to me would be writing that Chairman’s letter. That is a tough act!

I'm just thinking the time has come where they will start adding new people, along with WEB & CM,  to start preparing us for the inevitable.....

gfp

• Lifetime Member
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 05:55:00 AM by globalfinancepartners »

gfp

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #892 on: August 28, 2018, 04:41:30 AM »
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/markets/expert-view/more-than-money-berkshires-todd-combs-coming-on-paytm-board-is-the-best-outcome-vijay-shekhar-sharma/articleshow/65578696.cms

Interview in the Economic Times, mentions that Todd Combs will join Paytm board.  Warren not involved at all, but did know enough about it to tell Masa at Sun Valley.  Tiny investment of course, but over time it does help to raise the profile internationally.

Jurgis

• Porfolio
« Reply #893 on: August 28, 2018, 07:32:51 AM »
I wonder if this means that post-Buffett BRK future looks more like Softbank or Liberty.  8)
"Before you can be rich, you must be poor." - Nef Anyo
--------------------------------------------------------------------
"American History X", "Milk", "The Insider", "Dirty Money", "LBJ"

John Hjorth

« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 08:11:42 AM by John Hjorth »
”In the race of excellence … there is no finish line.”
-HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai

aws

« Reply #895 on: August 29, 2018, 08:43:56 AM »

John Hjorth

« Reply #896 on: August 29, 2018, 08:53:50 AM »
CNBC Interview of Mr. Buffett by Ms. Quick at Thursday August 30th 2018, 11:00 AM ET [Mr. Buffetts 88 89th birthday].

88 was right the first time.  He's also going to be on Bloomberg at 11:30am tomorrow, pre-taped I guess.

aws,

Desk test:

When you have just turned one year old, you have actually had two birthdays: The day of your birth, and the day when you turn the sharp corner of becoming one year old, on your way into the unknown territory of "your next year". - And so on for number of birthdays for every year, implying X+1 birthdays for every X years of age. [ ; - ) ]
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 08:55:41 AM by John Hjorth »
-HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai

SwedishValue

« Reply #897 on: August 29, 2018, 11:02:09 AM »
Why would it be pre-taped?

John Hjorth

« Reply #898 on: August 29, 2018, 11:40:33 AM »
I consider the guess by aws as qualified, because of the time span between start points in time of disclosure the two separate interviews. Personally, I think it's fair to say, that Mr. Buffett has a preference for being interviewed by Ms. Quick.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 11:46:10 AM by John Hjorth »

alpha

« Reply #899 on: August 29, 2018, 01:44:24 PM »

Looks like a new interview with Li Lu and Munger in China (although I am surprised Munger is still flying around the globe!)

Part 1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRXS7tByziI
Part 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfW5IfwaIdE