Author Topic: Buffett/Berkshire - general news  (Read 316615 times)

globalfinancepartners

• Lifetime Member
Re: Buffett/Berkshire - general news
« Reply #960 on: November 09, 2018, 06:42:25 AM »
Yeah, Berkshire's involvement was in the IPO prospectus (which doesn't help you get a lower price - wonder why they did that?)

The Walton family VC vehicle Madrone owned a lot and added 2.75m shares in the IPO and management at Madrone told Todd Combs about it and Todd decided to invest.  There are some 3G principals invested in it as well - I believe from an earlier round.

Jurgis

• Porfolio
« Reply #961 on: November 09, 2018, 12:04:12 PM »
Todd and Ted would (might?) be great if BRK was 10-100 times smaller. At this size it's going to be tough ... for anyone, even Buffett himself.
"Before you can be rich, you must be poor." - Nef Anyo
--------------------------------------------------------------------
"American History X", "Milk", "The Insider", "Dirty Money"

John Hjorth

« Reply #962 on: November 09, 2018, 01:20:39 PM »
Todd and Ted would (might?) be great if BRK was 10-100 times smaller. At this size it's going to be tough ... for anyone, even Buffett himself.

Jurgis, they just have to deliver, according the their signed contract with Berkshire. No soft feelings here from me. They are hired to deliver.
”In the race of excellence … there is no finish line.”
-HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai

rb

« Reply #963 on: November 09, 2018, 01:46:28 PM »
Nah, they'll be ok. This is how it goes. One Monday Todd walks into the office and goes.... Hey Ted, let's go talk to the old man about buying GE. Done.

See... it's not that hard.

John Hjorth

« Reply #964 on: November 09, 2018, 01:52:12 PM »
Nah, they'll be ok. This is how it goes. One Monday Todd walks into the office and goes.... Hey Ted, let's go talk to the old man about buying GE. Done.

OK, rb. My reply to Jurgis was actually about that I [in general] worry more about myself than Ted & Todd. [ : - ) ]
-HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai

Jurgis

• Porfolio
« Reply #965 on: November 09, 2018, 02:45:28 PM »

LOL.  8)
"Before you can be rich, you must be poor." - Nef Anyo
--------------------------------------------------------------------
"American History X", "Milk", "The Insider", "Dirty Money"

redskin

« Reply #966 on: November 10, 2018, 07:41:03 AM »
Berkshire's cost basis in 'Banks, Insurance, Financials' increased by $15 billion in Q3.  $5-6 billion can be attributed to the increased stake in BAC.  Will be interesting to see the additions he made.

bennycx

« Reply #967 on: November 10, 2018, 08:00:00 PM »
Probably USB, BK, GS

John Hjorth

« Reply #968 on: November 14, 2018, 01:27:46 PM »
Yes, and it seems that the prayers by globalfinancepartners and I have been heard : JPM shares for USD ~4 B. [ : - ) ]

globalfinancepartners

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #969 on: November 14, 2018, 01:29:52 PM »
Look at that..  You CAN buy JPM if Todd's on the board, since it wasn't Todd buying the shares.  He's getting his banks after all.  Better late than never!