Author Topic: Looking for a quote  (Read 977 times)

racemize

• Lifetime Member
Looking for a quote
« on: September 12, 2018, 09:08:38 AM »
I'm trying to find a quote that I think Buffett or Munger have said.  It goes something like:

"We have generally found that a good relationship tends to consistently surprise on the upside whereas a bad relationship consistently produces problems."

Anyone know it?

Cigarbutt

Re: Looking for a quote
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 05:27:10 AM »
I'm trying to find a quote that I think Buffett or Munger have said.  It goes something like:

"We have generally found that a good relationship tends to consistently surprise on the upside whereas a bad relationship consistently produces problems."

Anyone know it?

This could be the beginning of a partial answer to your question:

"Fixable but unfixed bad performance is bad character and tends to create more of itself, causing more damage to the excuse giver with each tolerated instance."
---Charlie Munger
"If you surround yourself with people who are better than you are (high-grade people) you will end up behaving more like them, and they, in turn, will get it back from you. Itís like a planetary system. If you hang around with people who behave worse than you, pretty soon youíll start being pulled in that direction.Ē
---Warren Buffett

Maybe, the quote you're looking for does not really exist and you'll have to create it yourself. :)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 05:36:30 AM by Cigarbutt »

racemize

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 07:23:11 AM »
I think it is this one, but those two are good too:

"The difference between a good business and a bad business is that good businesses throw up one easy decision after another. The bad businesses throw up painful decisions time after time." -Munger

CorpRaider

• The Corpraider
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 12:19:42 PM »
I definitely remember the throwing up cupcakes/easy decisions quote.  Thought about it when you asked, but I didn't have the actual quote handy.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 12:32:43 PM by CorpRaider »