new book by Andy

marlinls

This heavily revised book opens with a chapter about the gala in New York for the premiere of the HBO movie about Warren Buffett. Buffett himself was at the event for all the fanfare of parties, press conferences and the showing of the movie.

"Buffett the Movie" is the first of 329 bite-size chapters about the investing legend from Omaha.

The work offers a history of Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway, which he guided from a struggling textile milll to the $400 billion behemoth of today. In addition to a chapter about almost every Berkshire business, there are portraits of a number of shareholders who were along for the ride, be they from Baton Rouge, Delaware, or Murmansk.

Buffett has called the book "all-encompassing coverage of Berkshire."

With 1316 pages and 2200 photos, mostly in color, the book is an encyclopedic survey of Buffett's masterpiece of the business world. Many of the chapters are reworked to be up to date and others are new altogether.

"The 2017 Worldwide Edition" channels last year's Berkshire annual meeting, which was attended by 40,000 people. For the first time, Yahoo Finance streamlined the meeting to an audience around the world. Naturally, there's a 4-page chapter with 14 photos about that meeting, which Buffett calls "our capitalist version of Woodstock."=

it is on amzn.com  of permanent Value/2017

i met Andy Kilpatrick in 1998 when i had a party for Susie Buffett, Warrens daughter.

we have been friends since.

If i remember there is a chapter on Parsad in his books.

He is a good writer.

Marlin Stockwell

I am on facebook if anyone wants to see the photos.