Books on the concept of Time

influx

Hiya folks.

Been thinking these 2-3 weeks and kind of getting to the concept of Time as an interdisciplinary concept. The pattern of its importance across different domains as well. I am almost done with Mark Spitznagel's book which emphasizes this long-term approach and time. Now, also reading mindfulness and meditation stuff and Time comes and jumps at me as a central concept. Sometimes I find this weird. It is like a topic has matured well enough in my head and then it gets a life of its own.

I am yet to read Time Paradox, by Philip G Zimbardo.

My question is do you know some other books that explore this concept, in practical terms?

I've read all of Taleb's books.

Thanks

Hiya folks.

Been thinking these 2-3 weeks and kind of getting to the concept of Time as an interdisciplinary concept. The pattern of its importance across different domains as well. I am almost done with Mark Spitznagel's book which emphasizes this long-term approach and time. Now, also reading mindfulness and meditation stuff and Time comes and jumps at me as a central concept. Sometimes I find this weird. It is like a topic has matured well enough in my head and then it gets a life of its own.

I am yet to read Time Paradox, by Philip G Zimbardo.

My question is do you know some other books that explore this concept, in practical terms?

I've read all of Taleb's books.

Thanks

Recommend "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle

https://www.amazon.com/Power-Now-Guide-Spiritual-Enlightenment/dp/1577314808/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1531145090&sr=8-2&keywords=the+power+of+now

• 3 weeks later...

For a long time I was having this existential angst. I wasn't happy not knowing who we are, what we are, what is life, who am I etc. Being an atheist, it made my life even harder.

Long story short, I tried Ayahuasca in Amazon jungle and apparently went into Nirvikalpa Samadhi (becoming one with God). I wrote a detailed post in

Bottom line, I found out that there is no concept of time once you become merged with God (aka infinite consciousness), there is no past or future , just being now. There was also no concept of space, you just extend to infinity.

• 3 weeks later...

For a long time I was having this existential angst. I wasn't happy not knowing who we are, what we are, what is life, who am I etc. Being an atheist, it made my life even harder.

Long story short, I tried Ayahuasca in Amazon jungle and apparently went into Nirvikalpa Samadhi (becoming one with God). I wrote a detailed post in

Bottom line, I found out that there is no concept of time once you become merged with God (aka infinite consciousness), there is no past or future , just being now. There was also no concept of space, you just extend to infinity.

I believe many of us have unexplained experiences. Considering you're experience you may enjoy listening to the Sam Harris Jordan Peterson podcasts (sam's podcast waking up). After listening to those listen to the two (day 1 and 2) "discussions" between Sam and Jordan available on youtube that took place in Vancouver.

Basically deals with the very nature of truth, free will, genetic/memetic/darwinian/ narrative/story driven nature of us, acting out god without being religious, science vs it's limits etc. What may be done in the future..

Anyone interested in these things will find these useful. It's a LOT of audio...