Dead Companies Walking - Scott Fearon

Tompety03

Just finished this book.  Very similar concepts as Billion Dollar Lessons, but from an investor (vs. former consultants) and includes entertaining details of Scott's interactions with mgt teams throughout the years.

Notes are attached and here - http://www.boardofbooks.com/dead-companies-walking/review-and-notes/

Worth the read.

Chris

boardofbooks.com-Review_and_Notes_-_Dead_Companies_Walking.pdf

• 7 months later...

I'm almost done this book and I really enjoyed it. He did a good job humanizing investing and managers, I mean I look at a lot of these "stars" and they seem superhuman, but in reality, the successful investors are making mistakes all over the place but have a methodology in place that minimizes the losses and maximizes the gains. But even the super-investors are wrong more often than they're right, I think that gets lost on a lot of us.

Also when he speaks of missed opportunities, I had been coming to grips with the fact that after buying Tucows at .60 (2.40 split adjusted) and holding for 8 years, I thought I made one of the best trades of my life (I had a lot of it) - selling at $19. It's now $80. Was having a hard time digesting that but actually, this book helped me in that respect. Made me realize we're all human, and we miss bottoms and we miss tops and we even bet the wrong direction.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished this book.  Very similar concepts as Billion Dollar Lessons, but from an investor (vs. former consultants) and includes entertaining details of Scott's interactions with mgt teams throughout the years.

Notes are attached and here - http://www.boardofbooks.com/dead-companies-walking/review-and-notes/

Worth the read.

Chris

That link reads like a solid roadmap through a minefield.

(does it obviate the need to read the entire book?)