Author Topic: Meet-up on Boston Omaha Weekend (Weekend of Saturday, June 8, 2019 in Boston)  (Read 862 times)

Read the Footnotes

Hold the date for a meet-up on the weekend of Saturday, June 8, 2019.

Boston Omaha (BOMN) has announced their Annual Shareholder Meeting will be held on June 8, 2019, but has not announced the time or location. The time and location will likely be announced mid-April. (http://www.bostonomaha.com)

This meet-up will be a great excuse to get together. The meet-up will be totally independent of BOMN and you don't need to be a BOMN shareholder to join us for a meal or a coffee. More information to come based upon the time and location of the meeting.

Let us know if you're planning to be in town for the meeting or are local and would like to join us.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 06:49:28 AM by Read the Footnotes »

Jurgis

• Porfolio
Re: Boston-Omaha Meet-up (Weekend of Saturday, June 8, 2019 in Boston)
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 10:16:20 PM »
Flying out to SoCal on June 8th, so not sure I'm gonna make BOMN meeting or meetup(s) around it.
"Before you can be rich, you must be poor." - Nef Anyo
--------------------------------------------------------------------
"American History X", "Milk", "The Insider", "Dirty Money", "LBJ"

Spekulatius

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 04:14:44 AM »
I am not  a big fan the company, but I am guessing buying one share for ~$25 is worth it for admission. Or did the proxy get out already and it is too late?
To be a realist, one has to believe in miracles.

Read the Footnotes

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2019, 06:12:03 AM »
I am not  a big fan the company, but I am guessing buying one share for ~$25 is worth it for admission. Or did the proxy get out already and it is too late?
Last time the BOMN meeting was in Boston, we had several people who were not BOMN investors who joined us for the meet-up.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 06:40:14 AM by Read the Footnotes »

Jurgis

• Porfolio
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2019, 08:04:15 AM »
I am not a big fan the company, but I am guessing buying one share for ~$25 is worth it for admission. Or did the proxy get out already and it is too late?
Last time the BOMN meeting was in Boston, we had several people who were not BOMN investors who joined us for the meet-up.

Just to clarify:
- There was a meetup (dinner) separate from the BOMN annual meeting organized by someone from CoBF.
- I believe signup for the annual meeting was through some event website (Eventbrite??). I totally don't remember if this asked for any credentials. Also no clue if they will do the same this year or something different. EDIT: I seem to remember someone at the annual meeting who said they were not shareholder - but I don't know if they will allow the same this year.
- If you want to buy a share, record date is April 15th: http://www.bostonomaha.com/documents/165/21c2c6114f08e2fed05e3cbc9bc26e4b.pdf
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 08:20:56 AM by Jurgis »
"Before you can be rich, you must be poor." - Nef Anyo
--------------------------------------------------------------------
"American History X", "Milk", "The Insider", "Dirty Money", "LBJ"

Spekulatius

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2019, 04:58:51 PM »

Thanks RtF, I bought a share today, so I am good either way.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 03:31:30 AM by Spekulatius »
To be a realist, one has to believe in miracles.

stockspinoffinvesting

• Stock Spinoff Investing
I will be there. Look forward to it.

alexbossert

I will be at the Boston Omaha annual meeting as well!