Author Topic: CoBF Denmark Meetup - Aarhus 3 April 2018  (Read 1548 times)

John Hjorth

CoBF Denmark Meetup - Aarhus 3 April 2018
« on: March 11, 2018, 01:08:33 PM »
I'm going - together with my oldest brother - to the Vestas Wind Systems A/S AGM to be held:

Tuesday, 3 April 2018 at 1:00 PM [CET]

at

the Concert Hall [in Danish: Musikhuset] [Website]
Thomas Jensen Allé
DK-8000 Aarhus C
Denmark.

The AGM starts at 1:00 PM. It's walking distance from Aarhus Central Railway Station [about 1 km]. Meeting point could be Aarhus Central Railway Station at 12:00, grabbing a bit of quick food, a soft drink, & some talk, whatever, before the AGM, depending on thirst & hunger, to finish the AGM without falling off the chair].

After the AGM my tentative plan is to go to:

Rådhus Kaféen [translates from Danish to English to: City Hall Cafe][Website].
Sønder Alle 3
DK-8000 Aarhus C,

for a cosy gathering, and some investment talk - the place is also in walking distance of both Aarhus Central Rail Station and the Concert Hall -, and for an early dinner.

I highly recommend on the menu:

Stjerneskud [in Danish, in English: "Falling star" or "Shooting Star" - A fish dish].
Pariser Bøf [in Danish, in English: "Parisian Steak"].

- - - o 0 o - - -

Please post in this topic or send me a PM, if you're interested to meet up, thank you.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 01:13:32 PM by John Hjorth »
”In the race of excellence … there is no finish line.”
-HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai

TBW

Re: CoBF Denmark Meetup - Aarhus 3 April 2018
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 02:41:53 PM »
I am still considering going John.  May head up a couple days early with the family to check out Aarhus.  But plans still undecided.  Will be sure to let you know.

John Hjorth

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 09:09:49 AM »
It reads like a great plan for your family and you, Tim. Aarhus is actually a great city to visit. If you do it, I'm sure you won't regret it. We just need some good weather now - perhaps real Danish spring will be here in the beginning of April.

Have you got your meeting credentials for the VWS AGM, Tim? [I have already got mine.]

If you go to Aarhus with your family, I might get the Lady of the House to get her meeting credentials, too, so she'll go with me. She knows Aarhus very well, also. I hope you get your ends to meet on everything with this.
-HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai

maybe4less

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 04:44:33 PM »
Just want to say that I went with the family to Aarhus in December and it was awesome! We like smaller towns and preferred it over Copenhagen.

John Hjorth

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2018, 09:40:33 AM »
Tim,

Please remember deadline today at 23:59 PM for registration to the VWS AGM coming Tuesday, just after Easter.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 09:43:26 AM by John Hjorth »

TBW

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 11:48:46 AM »
I will be attending on Tuesday.  Looking forward to catching up John.  Should be an interesting day.

John Hjorth

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2018, 11:53:09 AM »
Thanks for your board reply - and also your private one, Tim! [ ; - ) ]

- - - o 0 o - - -

-If just Danish spring was here now... - unfortunately it still isen't. [Actually, snow here today in the morning!]