Author Topic: Fairfax 2018  (Read 110212 times)

chrispy

Re: Fairfax 2018
« Reply #440 on: October 05, 2018, 05:37:08 AM »
"Seaspan, the world’s largest non-operating containership owner, has announced its first significant investment outside the sector, suggesting it intends to diversify its business model."

https://gcaptain.com/seaspan-diversifies-as-it-steps-in-to-take-control-and-save-swiber/

FFHWatcher

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #441 on: October 07, 2018, 09:00:17 PM »
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/intention-normal-course-issuer-bid-113000070.html

Under its existing normal course issuer bid, Fairfax has purchased 700,539 of its Subordinate Voting Shares, which included Subordinate Voting Shares reserved for share-based payment awards, through open market purchases on the TSX during the last twelve months at a weighted average price per share of Cdn.$667.29. Fairfax has not purchased any Preferred Shares under its existing normal course issuer bid. (Fairfax has spent  $467,462,669.31 on share repurchases in the last year)

I can't see that many share purchases on Sedi.ca.  How else can FFH repurchase without reporting them on Sedi.ca ?   Or am I not seeing them for a different reason?

ourkid8

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #442 on: October 17, 2018, 03:03:52 PM »
I am dying to find out if they got more aggressive in buying back their stock during this selloff.  Earlier today, I just bought a large slug of stock at usd$501.  (I couldn't help myself)   I am very very pleased they repurchased close to half a billion in stock in the last year.  I definitely was not expecting that!!!

Excellent buy back prices!

While many do not pay attention to buy backs it is the secret math to a high share
Price over the longer term. Fairfax has reached critical mass....and I believe will follow Singleton’s Teledyne model as long as we are cheap.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 07:42:24 PM by ourkid8 »