Author Topic: Fairfax-Blackberry tie up  (Read 2886 times)

Fairfaxnut

Re: Fairfax-Blackberry tie up
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2019, 12:57:05 PM »
Geez....This company is getting pounded.....just change the name to something else and this thing is 2x-3x higher.  They are a software company!  QNX in a 150+ million vehicles, their Certicom ECC patents and Endpoint FIPS certification is worth a lot more than the street realizes.  Just the multiple they paid on Cylance is worth noting....far lower than Carbon Black or Crowdstrike.  Its trading lower than when they were a melting ice cube  :o
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 01:11:38 PM by Fairfaxnut »

ourkid8

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2019, 10:54:58 AM »
John Chen just purchased 50,000 shares @ $4.90 on Oct 9th.  I just bought a large position in BB today as these prices are starting to get silly. 

TwoCitiesCapital

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2019, 11:14:52 AM »
John Chen just purchased 50,000 shares @ $4.90 on Oct 9th.  I just bought a large position in BB today as these prices are starting to get silly.

I mean, 250k is kind of chump change for him, but at least it's a positive signal. Hopefully results turn around enough for company to be able to repurchase shares sub-$7 and flip them back to Fairfax at $10 with a conversion of debt.

Dazel

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2019, 01:45:12 PM »

If I could just get the timing right for when  the algos cover and go long on the space...Lol!
What a world...where are the value buyers, where are the business buyers, the LBO guys?Buy it and take it a part...for 150%....who is going to be the new Icahn? I think someone should get ahold of Fairfax and see if they are there?lights still on?

Maybe there should be an Algo message board?

bearprowler6

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2019, 02:50:56 PM »

If I could just get the timing right for when  the algos cover and go long on the space...Lol!
What a world...where are the value buyers, where are the business buyers, the LBO guys?Buy it and take it a part...for 150%....who is going to be the new Icahn? I think someone should get ahold of Fairfax and see if they are there?lights still on?

Maybe there should be an Algo message board?

Shhhh.....you will wake Prem and Paul up. Its already past their bedtime.

The complete silence from the Fairfax team  regarding Blackberry and several of its other losers equity investments is nothing less than shameful! Awhile back one of the regular posters on this Board (who it was escapes me) suggested that one of the major problems with Fairfax was its non-existent investor relations communication strategy. Of course this person was shot down immediately by all the hard core net book value -- value investors. Well....that was about 40% ago on Blackberry and a good 20%+ ago on Fairfax itself.  The standard response of "we focus on the long term" falls way short. I suspect they are embarrassed and simply don't know what to do and are hiding away under their desks  just waiting for the January dividend payment and juicy year-end cash/stock bonuses.

Is it possible to start a revolution at Fairfax?

petec

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2019, 03:38:23 AM »
I suspect they are embarrassed.

Not me, although I do occasionally question my sanity.