Author Topic: Hamblin Watsa investment style over the decades  (Read 3073 times)

petec

Re: Hamblin Watsa investment style over the decades
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2017, 05:25:24 AM »
 :o

Parsad

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2017, 08:13:05 AM »
We know who would run Fairfax and that's the perfect choice in my opinion. 

Could you educate me?   I missed this.   Thanks!

Well Prem runs Fairfax and will until he no longer can...be it physically or spiritually.  But it looks pretty obvious who would run Fairfax if Prem could no longer do so.  If you don't really know, time to do some legwork and figure it out.  :)

Incidentally, no one has ever said anything to me.  But after watching it for all these years, I kind of have a pretty good idea of changes at Fairfax that may not seem like much, but are monumental shifts in planning or thinking.  Cheers!

Ha - OK!   I also have a fair idea, although I am nowhere near as well informed as you.   However I read your comment to mean that an announcement had been made, hence the question.

Pete,
It really is obvious!
Sanjeev is going to merge FFH with PDH and he is the one who will be running the show!!😉

Cheers,

Gio

You got it!  I'll do a reverse merger...$10M corp buys out $10B corp.  Cheers!
No man is a failure who has friends!

shalab

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2017, 11:14:14 PM »
I guess Ben Watsa and family will own controlling stock. They will also be on the board.
Company will be run by professional managers

I think the Hambin Watsa investment council will continue as they hire a lot of young people to manage their money.

We know who would run Fairfax and that's the perfect choice in my opinion. 

Could you educate me?   I missed this.   Thanks!

Well Prem runs Fairfax and will until he no longer can...be it physically or spiritually.  But it looks pretty obvious who would run Fairfax if Prem could no longer do so.  If you don't really know, time to do some legwork and figure it out.  :)

Incidentally, no one has ever said anything to me.  But after watching it for all these years, I kind of have a pretty good idea of changes at Fairfax that may not seem like much, but are monumental shifts in planning or thinking.  Cheers!

Ha - OK!   I also have a fair idea, although I am nowhere near as well informed as you.   However I read your comment to mean that an announcement had been made, hence the question.

Pete,
It really is obvious!
Sanjeev is going to merge FFH with PDH and he is the one who will be running the show!!😉

Cheers,

Gio

You got it!  I'll do a reverse merger...$10M corp buys out $10B corp.  Cheers!