Any good online Black Friday deals?

Nell-e

Might as well start the Christmas shopping.  I posted a topic earlier this year and it started a long thread on where the best bargain for tires was.

Feel free to link to anything of interest i.e. coupon websites, ebooks with massive discount, promotions for startup companies, etc.

If you have an investing blog/service and are offering holiday discounts for subscriptions, feel free to plug away.

Let's see if we can start a thread on Black Friday Deals.  This airfryer is more than 50% off.  Haven't decided if I'm going to buy.

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-HD9220-29-Airfryer-Black/dp/B07HJW9JHF/ref=br_msw_pdt-1?_encoding=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=&pf_rd_r=DKFAEN64FCMX9TEFG6PG&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=7cbe947d-f613-42d8-aa18-72df24f109fa&pf_rd_i=desktop

I guess it depends what you're looking for. I picked up a wood planer for about $350 but I doubt anyone here is looking for that :D

Some good resources are slickdeals.net to find deals, and camelcamelcamel.com to find item price history (to see if its really a 'deal' or not). Happy shopping :)

Seems the best deals will come in the near future. I did take advantage of a very limited time 15% off eBay code that worked until 8pm yesterday. I usually use eBay or the NYC photo stores to buy Mac laptops because sales tax is such a large number on a 2-3 thousand dollar purchase. I was able to buy a 2018 MacBook Pro i9 with 32gb of ram tax free on eBay and apply the 15% off code, which resulted in a very attractive price (the best i’ve seen at least).

Friday and Monday should have some good deals, just make sure you know what you are getting. Big box stores will sometimes do a special low cost run of a TV that differs just a little bit to get the price down.

To follow the news you would think poor Apple is about to go out of business so please everybody- send some of your holiday dollars their way. Its getting dire in Cupertino

Seems the best deals will come in the near future. I did take advantage of a very limited time 15% off eBay code that worked until 8pm yesterday. I usually use eBay or the NYC photo stores to buy Mac laptops because sales tax is such a large number on a 2-3 thousand dollar purchase. I was able to buy a 2018 MacBook Pro i9 with 32gb of ram tax free on eBay and apply the 15% off code, which resulted in a very attractive price (the best i’ve seen at least).

Friday and Monday should have some good deals, just make sure you know what you are getting. Big box stores will sometimes do a special low cost run of a TV that differs just a little bit to get the price down.

To follow the news you would think poor Apple is about to go out of business so please everybody- send some of your holiday dollars their way. Its getting dire in Cupertino

I've done my best to keep this struggling company alive. I have no idea how many AAPL computers/laptops I have bought. Probably more than a dozen going back to my first one a MAC/SE. Same with iPhones. I have also bought two original iPads and two iPad Pros. Mother-in-Law had a PC. About 4 months ago gave her one of our original iPads, which is all she uses now. So will probably get her an iPad Pro for Xmas.

I've done my best to keep this struggling company alive. I have no idea how many AAPL computers/laptops I have bought. Probably more than a dozen going back to my first one a MAC/SE. Same with iPhones. I have also bought two original iPads and two iPad Pros. Mother-in-Law had a PC. About 4 months ago gave her one of our original iPads, which is all she uses now. So will probably get her an iPad Pro for Xmas.

You guys are myiHeroes! Keep it up!

The Apple Watch Gen 3 is available at Target for $200 or $230 (Nike model). A decent deal, if you are looking for a smart watch. While not strictly a a BF deal, if you are a  MA utility customer, you can get a Nest smart thermostat for $80 (or even $40 for the Nest E) via MASS Saves. I bought 2, because one Thermostat does not operate correctly any more and I don’t like the other one that was in the house I purchased a couple of month ago.

While not strictly a a BF deal, if you are a  MA utility customer, you can get a Nest smart thermostat for $80 (or even $40 for the Nest E) via MASS Saves. I bought 2, because one Thermostat does not operate correctly any more and I don’t like the other one that was in the house I purchased a couple of month ago.

OT. I have Nest that I got through MASS Saves. I like it less and less and I'm likely gonna give it away. Do you want it? (Anyone else in MA is also welcome to PM me and I'm likely gonna give it away for free. I can ship too, but that's a bit more of a hassle.)

The issues: my wiring does not have the power wire. This is minor issue: most of the time Nest works just fine without power wire. Sometimes battery goes below threshold though and then Nest goes into power saving mode. This is minor inconvenience, since it gets the power back eventually. It's a bit risky if you leave house unattended for long time in winter, since Nest may not recover and then your heating system may go kaput.

Bigger issue for me: Nest self-programmed itself correctly for XX temp during the day, YY during the night. But it also has some other logic that's not displayed which makes the temperature go way below XX and YY even though that's what is indicated on its UI. E.g. today's schedule indicates XX through the whole day. I left and then found the temperature 14 degrees F lower when I returned. This might be Nest Auto Away feature ( https://nest.com/blog/2011/11/18/what-is-auto-away/ ), but it's not acceptable to me that I cannot turn it off. Edit: I found a setting that may turn this off - what sucks is that you don't know unless you leave for long time and see how it behaves. This is unrelated to the power wire / power saving mode above. This is not acceptable to me since I have a heating system that does not tolerate low temperatures well. You can force Nest not to go below 45F (called "safety temperature"), but you cannot make this higher than 45F and that's way too low for safety of my heating system.

BTW, there was recently MASS Saves sale of collection of LED lamps for really cheap. If interested, PM me and I'll try to dig the URL and see if it's still available. Sorry that I did not notify you about it (although you should have received email about it from your utility - that's how I got info about it).

I guess it depends what you're looking for. I picked up a wood planer for about $350 but I doubt anyone here is looking for that :D

I would be.  What brand and at what store?

Was a DEWALT DW735X

There was an eBay reseller listing them for 450 and eBay they had a 15% off deal. Looks like they sold out, however.

• 1 year later...

No values left for Black Friday 2019?  8)

I bought a bunch of Kindle books that are on $1.99-3.99 sale (possibly not just today, I did not check):

Leonardo da Vinci

Walter Isaacson

Pebbles of Perception: How a Few Good Choices Make All The Difference

Laurence Endersen

Stick with It: A Scientifically Proven Process for Changing Your Life-for Good

Sean D. Young

Trillion Dollar Coach: The Leadership Playbook of Silicon Valley's Bill Campbell

Eric Schmidt, Jonathan Rosenberg, Alan Eagle

This one is on sale too, but I decided to skip it:

Dollars and Sense: How We Misthink Money and How to Spend Smarter Kindle Edition

by Dan Ariely, Jeff Kreisler

Some of the above may have book threads at CoBF. I did not check.

Backcountry has 20-30% off camping/traveling gear. Fresh air and new experiences are the best medicine

Thanks for this. Picked up a set of heavyweight merino baselayers for a good price.

Ditto that, also Eddie Bauer has their fleece lined guide pants on sale 50% off. I swear by these when I do backcountry overnight hunting trips.