Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross Shorted Stock as Negative Coverage Loomed.

doughishere

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't it great to have a commerce secretary with large stock holdings who's actively shorting things while in office?

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/02/wilbur-ross-shorted-two-additional-shares-as-commerce-secretary.html

He was shorting to maintain a neutral position on attained stock that was issued to him (probably stock reinvestment dividends)...he incurred zero profits or losses. 

I would prefer if Ross put everything into a blind trust, but this is probably the best we could hope for when the President not only doesn't put his business operations in a blind trust, but continues to manage them while in office.  Truly a conflict of interest, but the ass doesn't care what he does or how it looks.  Cheers! 

• 1 month later...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2018/08/06/new-details-about-wilbur-rosss-businesses-point-to-pattern-of-grifting/

Over several months, in speaking with 21 people who know Ross, Forbes uncovered a pattern: Many of those who worked directly with him claim that Ross wrongly siphoned or outright stole a few million here and a few million there, huge amounts for most but not necessarily for the commerce secretary. At least if you consider them individually. But all told, these allegations—which sparked lawsuits, reimbursements and an SEC fine—come to more than $120 million. If even half of the accusations are legitimate, the current United States secretary of commerce could rank among the biggest grifters in American history.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2018/08/06/new-details-about-wilbur-rosss-businesses-point-to-pattern-of-grifting/

Over several months, in speaking with 21 people who know Ross, Forbes uncovered a pattern: Many of those who worked directly with him claim that Ross wrongly siphoned or outright stole a few million here and a few million there, huge amounts for most but not necessarily for the commerce secretary. At least if you consider them individually. But all told, these allegations—which sparked lawsuits, reimbursements and an SEC fine—come to more than $120 million. If even half of the accusations are legitimate, the current United States secretary of commerce could rank among the biggest grifters in American history.

I don’t think we have ever seen a president surrounding himself with so many crooks and lowlifes ever- Manafort, Ross, Nunberg , Scaramucci, Pruitt etc. Feels like a banana republic to me. Surreal.

I don’t think we have ever seen a president surrounding himself with so many crooks and lowlifes ever- Manafort, Ross, Nunberg , Scaramucci, Pruitt etc. Feels like a banana republic to me. Surreal.

Yea, except for Obama - Hillary, Rosenstien, Comey, Brennan, Clapper, Susan Rice, Reverend Wright, etc, etc.....

Yea, except for Obama - Hillary, Rosenstien, Comey, Brennan, Clapper, Susan Rice, Reverend Wright, etc, etc.....

Why exactly is Susan Rice for example a crook?  Reverend Wright was quickly sacked and never part of the government or even campaign in any way. Not the nicest fellow in my book, I agree on that.

Why exactly is Susan Rice for example a crook?  Reverend Wright was quickly sacked and never part of the government or even campaign in any way. Not the nicest fellow in my book, I agree on that.

Susan Rice - ok, you got me there. She's not a crook, but she's the worst kind of liar and sleaze in the Obama administration.

4 American heroes died in Benghazi - but she engineered the coverup with the phony video story. It was a spontaneous attack fueled by that damn video! - because the Arab world loves President Obama - how could it have been anything else?? Of course it was not a planned terrorist attack?  She dishonored those 4 heroes for political gain - pure and simple. It cost her the Secretary of State job.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"Obama - Hillary, Rosenstien, Comey, Brennan, Clapper, Susan Rice, Reverend Wright, etc, etc....."

Wut?  Rev Wright ... not familiar, so I'll take your word for it.

Rice - already discussed

Hillary - I'm honestly not familiar with the Benghazi saga, but 8(!) congressional investigations failed to produce a single indictment

As for Rosenstein, Comey, Brennan, and Clapper, where is the scandal?

• 2 weeks later...

New: Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross violated his ethics agreement and submitted a financial disclosure form that “was not accurate,” according to the Office of Government Ethics. Ross reported he had sold bank stock that other reports indicate he did not sell.

You guys are ridiculous. Navigator was a legacy holding of his, and he was unaware of some shares still held by the company in his name and ultimately amounted to minuscule amounts.

Here, you're talking about $4000 in bankunited stock.

Stop posting garbage.

Ha!

Hey, don't confuse facts with a good anti-Trump narrative!

Don't you know the purpose of fake news?

Yes, it's true, this Wilbur Ross story is a nothing-burger. 

But, Cubsfan, it would be nice if you yourself would stop posting BS, like your baseless claim that Obama, Rosenstein, Comey, Brennan, and Clapper are "crooks and lowlifes."

Now we learn of yet another lowlife in the WH: Labor Sec. Jim Acosta, who illegally accepted a tennis-prison plea deal with a serial child molester without informing the victims.  Trump's response: "it was a long time ago."  Acosta should resign immediately.

This administration reminds my of Obi Wan Kenobi's take on Mos Eisley: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany..."

Value^2,

Thank you for your fact-free contribution to our discussion.  And thank you for your history of trolling every discussion of politics on CoBF with your unsubstantiated claims and inane kook-right memes.  God Bless.

Misterkrusty - I'm sure the truth hurts you - and you'll find out soon enough.

Like you can't see that Comey, Rosenstein, Brennan, Clapper are criminals - give me a break..

cubsfan-  you still haven't provided a single fact to support your claim, because you have none.

Out of respect to the other members of CoBF, I will no longer reply to this thread.  But you can PM me with your insights if you like.  I won't hold my breath though.

I have no facts, I have my strong beliefs, which I'm sure you do as well and are entitled to.

Don't hold your breath is right.