Author Topic: Dumbdee - The Goodmans, The Bad & The Ugly - 30% of NAV bargain?  (Read 103308 times)

Rod

Re: Dumbdee - The Goodmans, The Bad & The Ugly - 30% of NAV bargain?
« Reply #410 on: September 20, 2018, 09:47:16 PM »

I guess when Dundee reports Q3 the common price may turn south again... more losses at Parq, no update on asset disposals, something catches fire, etc.  ::)

I think everything flammable has already burned, so we are probably safe on that score.

petec

« Reply #411 on: September 21, 2018, 10:02:25 AM »

I guess when Dundee reports Q3 the common price may turn south again... more losses at Parq, no update on asset disposals, something catches fire, etc.  ::)

I think everything flammable has already burned, so we are probably safe on that score.

Gah. Why did you have to go and say that?! ;)

On a separate topic, the run in the common on no news is bizarre.

SafetyinNumbers

« Reply #412 on: September 21, 2018, 12:08:53 PM »
There has been a decent amount of news on the holdings, it’s just not coming directly from the company.
Top 5 positions: ELF IAM GCM.NT/GCM PIF EFR.DB

petec

« Reply #413 on: September 21, 2018, 12:35:21 PM »
ICC? Yes-but with no visibility on the cash to Dundee.

SafetyinNumbers

« Reply #414 on: September 22, 2018, 04:56:04 AM »
The up valuation of CNSX at Urbana, ECS and DPM have stopped going down for now at least and bounced a little.

Also, your comment implies when the common were in freefall to $1.09, it was for good reasons and the bounce is not justified.
Top 5 positions: ELF IAM GCM.NT/GCM PIF EFR.DB

Cardboard

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #415 on: September 24, 2018, 09:34:11 AM »
Is there leakage?

"United  Hydrocarbon  International  Corp.  (“UHIC”)  continues  to  advance  its  assets  in  Chad  and  it  is expected  that  the  first  oil  wells  will  be  drilled  in  the  third  quarter  of  2018."

Quarter is ending in 6 days and oil there at over $80 Brent is highly significant to Dundee. I would think that someone knows what is going on in Africa right now. Is there any way to find out?

Cardboard

sculpin

« Reply #416 on: September 28, 2018, 12:11:02 PM »

Dundee Corporation (1.7%)

The most instructive investment I made over the last years. Dundee looked always cheap. Therefore, I added three times to my position. I ignored the continuing adverse news flow. The very definition of a value trap. Finally, the new management in charge seems to have a plan. The underlying assets have vast potential to surprise on the upside.

http://wertartcapital.com/2018/09/28/a-recap-of-my-existing-investments/

sculpin

« Reply #417 on: October 01, 2018, 07:07:34 AM »
Paradigm on Dundee Precious Metals....

 We think that DPM is positioned for a rerating among the Junior producers. It is now finally able to offer more
predictable performance and free cash flow from its existing operations, the smelter in particular, followed by strong
growth starting in Q4 from the new Krumovgrad mine.

 DPM is trading at 0.48x NAV@5% at US$1,196/oz gold with zero value for the smelter. Our Junior and Intermediate
averages are 0.50x and 0.91x, respectively. We mention both tiers because with 2019–2021e production of 263–
305Koz/year, plus copper, DPM will be on the 250–300Koz/year threshold of our Intermediate category.

Don MacLean

Cardboard

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #418 on: October 02, 2018, 06:23:46 AM »
Not much details but, I take it as a positive:

https://www.stockwatch.com/News/Item.aspx?bid=Z-C%3aDC-2665869&symbol=DC&region=C

Cardboard

Rod

« Reply #419 on: October 02, 2018, 07:08:45 AM »
Not much details but, I take it as a positive:

https://www.stockwatch.com/News/Item.aspx?bid=Z-C%3aDC-2665869&symbol=DC&region=C

Cardboard

It's good to have someone else contributing capital and shouldering part of the risk. But we don't know the terms of the loan. It could be quite extortionate. But I agree it's a modest positive.