Author Topic: Dumbdee - The Goodmans, The Bad & The Ugly - 30% of NAV bargain?  (Read 102028 times)

Maximu$

Re: Dumbdee - The Goodmans, The Bad & The Ugly - 30% of NAV bargain?
« Reply #420 on: October 02, 2018, 07:49:37 AM »
I see it as negative.  Clearly, the cash calls continue at Parq even after the summer tourist months wind down.  Dilution of equity is now occurring (convertible option) as none of the original partners are putting up any more money and instead are bringing in outside capital at what is surely punitive terms.

Rod

« Reply #421 on: October 02, 2018, 07:57:38 AM »
I see it as negative.  Clearly, the cash calls continue at Parq even after the summer tourist months wind down.  Dilution of equity is now occurring (convertible option) as none of the original partners are putting up any more money and instead are bringing in outside capital at what is surely punitive terms.

Your right, it's a negative development for those who thought Parq might produce significant value to Dundee. It's a positive for those like me who had already given up on that and just want to see them contribute less cash and get out of it.

Maximu$

« Reply #422 on: October 02, 2018, 09:52:00 AM »
I share your view - this is a company that has a (closing) window of time to tactically retreat, rethink its strategy, and restructure so as to preserve its existing capital and still have the opportunity to prospectively grow that capital.  A mix of less aggressive, cash flowing assets and more aggressive, modestly cash burning assets would be ideal, in my opinion.  Parq could have been one of those less aggressive, cash flowing assets; however, that is not materializing and with rising interest rates and bubblish asset prices worldwide, now would be the time to sell to preserve the equity already invested. 

petec

« Reply #423 on: October 04, 2018, 04:12:40 AM »
I see this as a positive. It’s not the refi we were hoping for but it signals an end to the cash drain and reduces risk. It’s fairly small though. I wonder if that’s because the need is diminishing, or the appetite is lacking.

Sportgamma

• Fundamental Finance Playbook
« Reply #424 on: October 04, 2018, 04:44:42 AM »
At this point, anything that stops the cash drain is good news for shareholders. This, as well as the Delonex deal,  are very positive indicators in my opinion.

doc75

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #425 on: October 12, 2018, 12:49:57 PM »
DPM has been surging recently, up to a 52-week high today of $3.64    (compared to a low in the 2.60 range in September).

Cardboard

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #426 on: October 12, 2018, 01:58:51 PM »
Yes, and what is also interesting is that it continued to move up today after a big up move yesterday while it was not the case at all for other gold stocks as gold retreated.

So to move in such fashion "against" your commodity, it means pretty good fundamentals/news coming up at the micro level.

Cardboard

sculpin

« Reply #427 on: October 15, 2018, 06:53:20 AM »
DPM has been surging recently, up to a 52-week high today of $3.64    (compared to a low in the 2.60 range in September).

At today's $3.65 price on Dundee Precious Metals, DC's investment is valued at $133 million.

sculpin

« Reply #428 on: October 31, 2018, 07:02:48 AM »
The clean up of Union Group continues. The sale of all of subsidiary Union Energy Group to Polaris....

https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/polaris-infrastructure-acquires-union-energy-group-corp-699097351.html

The material terms of the UEG acquisition are as follows:

Polaris Infrastructure to acquire 100% of the shares of UEG;

Purchase consideration consists of:

At Closing: 600,000 common shares of the Company ("Shares") (equal to approximately 3.7% of proforma Shares outstanding);

Over the two-year period post-closing: 300,000 warrants exercisable at a 20% premium to the closing Share price;

Upon the completion of construction of the Generación Andina projects: 600,000 Shares and $396,000 in cash;

Fundamental restructuring of existing Generación Andina project debt (refer to Financial Restructuring section below; and
In exchange, the Company agrees to invest necessary capital to bring the Generación Andina projects to completion and will receive a 15% annual "preferred" return with respect to project-level cash flows.

petec

« Reply #429 on: November 01, 2018, 12:05:01 AM »
That’s great news - visibility on an asset coming back to life.

Pity the Aurora share price has round-tripped since it bought ICC. Was looking like a nice gain!