Author Topic: FNMA and FMCC preferreds. In search of the elusive 10 bagger.  (Read 2674012 times)

Luke 5:32

« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 01:31:45 PM by Luke 5:32 »

rros

Re: FNMA and FMCC preferreds. In search of the elusive 10 bagger.
« Reply #10102 on: June 28, 2018, 09:21:24 PM »
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/07/senators-gardner-and-warren-release-bipartisan-marijuana-bill.html

How is it possible that marijuana gets so much love from politicians so fast, left and right -literally- and we, shareholders, continue to remain as invisible to the world as air? Seriously. Not one Senator is joining our fight. I know, the mj thing came about because of heavy grass roots push (which means being on the right side and acquiring those votes). Our community is small and weak, has no voice or is so tepid that's not worth listening to. We really are nobody's in the courts, in Congress, among people.

Chuck Shumer, Warren, etc. These bills are picking up sponsors faster than how my first ex-wife would roll her joints.

allnatural

« Reply #10103 on: June 29, 2018, 04:10:23 AM »
It's because Americans don't care about Fannie and Freddie (nor do they know what functions they even perform). No one is telling their congressmen to resolve this issue, and its too heavy of a lift for Congress to address even if they tried (see previous failed attempts). Only ones who can address this is the admin themselves, which seems to be the direction we are trending towards.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/07/senators-gardner-and-warren-release-bipartisan-marijuana-bill.html

How is it possible that marijuana gets so much love from politicians so fast, left and right -literally- and we, shareholders, continue to remain as invisible to the world as air? Seriously. Not one Senator is joining our fight. I know, the mj thing came about because of heavy grass roots push (which means being on the right side and acquiring those votes). Our community is small and weak, has no voice or is so tepid that's not worth listening to. We really are nobody's in the courts, in Congress, among people.

Chuck Shumer, Warren, etc. These bills are picking up sponsors faster than how my first ex-wife would roll her joints.

beaufort

« Reply #10104 on: June 29, 2018, 09:57:09 AM »
Re Bhatti

Is there anything to Cayce's argument in the letter sent to the clerk regarding deficient pleadings?  I briefly looked at the amended complaint filed.  I didn't see anything about the appointment's clause.  I am not sure if the constitutional argument plead is sufficiently broad. 

cherzeca

« Reply #10105 on: June 29, 2018, 11:37:42 AM »
Re Bhatti

Is there anything to Cayce's argument in the letter sent to the clerk regarding deficient pleadings?  I briefly looked at the amended complaint filed.  I didn't see anything about the appointment's clause.  I am not sure if the constitutional argument plead is sufficiently broad.

count III of bhatti amended complaint contains the appointments clause claim.  starts on p.34
paragraphs 89-96

EDIT:  just looked at bhatti docket report, there is no fhfa response to bhatti's notice of supplemental authority.  I think fhfa filed a response on collins
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 11:40:17 AM by cherzeca »

beaufort

« Reply #10106 on: June 29, 2018, 01:37:37 PM »
Thanks for the close reading.

rros:  see above.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 01:41:42 PM by beaufort »

FreeOption

« Reply #10107 on: June 29, 2018, 02:05:07 PM »
Apologies if this has been covered, but is there a timeline for a decision in the Bhatti case? Or at least a range? Thanks.

cherzeca

« Reply #10108 on: June 29, 2018, 02:18:35 PM »
Re Bhatti

fhfa's counsel cayne wrote letter to collins 5th cir to say that Cooper and kirk's reference to lucia is misplaced because collins only argued unconstitutionalyl structured claim, not appointments clause claim (which they probably didn't think of).  Cooper and kirk's point is that the remedy for appointments clause violation should be same as unconstitutionally structured claim

rros

« Reply #10109 on: June 29, 2018, 03:07:50 PM »
Thanks for the close reading.

rros:  see above.
Yes, thank you. I removed my post.