Author Topic: FNMA and FMCC preferreds. In search of the elusive 10 bagger.  (Read 2803018 times)

emily

Re: FNMA and FMCC preferreds. In search of the elusive 10 bagger.
« Reply #11230 on: January 13, 2019, 07:46:55 AM »
Can someone recommend a preferred stock?  I would like to invest some money so that dividends can cover tuition every semester. if you donít have any specific recommendations, how can I go about looking for one (where to look and what to look for).  Thank you.

ValueMaven

« Reply #11231 on: January 13, 2019, 11:57:25 AM »
u can read previous board posts on this matter - there is everything from $25 par to $100,000 par securities should do well.  You can also play the common too which have now blown out wider to the prefs (ie: cheaper) right now...

rros

« Reply #11232 on: January 13, 2019, 02:25:47 PM »
Can someone recommend a preferred stock?  I would like to invest some money so that dividends can cover tuition every semester. if you donít have any specific recommendations, how can I go about looking for one (where to look and what to look for).  Thank you.
Just take into account that one of the scenarios could be 50% of the amount of any preferred you may own could be converted to common. Which may not be a bad thing. Also, if you believe you may hold unto the preferreds for 5 to 10 years perhaps the ones with variable rates are better. We may be in the last 10 years of the 45 year inflation super-cycle, equivalent to 1965-1975.

onyx1

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #11233 on: January 13, 2019, 02:26:04 PM »
@SnarkyPuppy

Thanks for sharing your extensive work the above post.  Very informational!

no_free_lunch

« Reply #11234 on: January 14, 2019, 08:11:32 AM »
I am out.   I wish you best of luck with it.  I just can't handle the uncertainty and the politics behind it.  The market offered me a chance to bail with a small profit and this position has actually outperformed S&P500.  Good enough.

DRValue

« Reply #11235 on: January 14, 2019, 08:22:46 AM »
I am out.   I wish you best of luck with it.  I just can't handle the uncertainty and the politics behind it.  The market offered me a chance to bail with a small profit and this position has actually outperformed S&P500.  Good enough.

We're on the home straight bud. Good much though.
Not Investment Advice. Do Your Own Research.

emily

« Reply #11236 on: January 14, 2019, 01:31:57 PM »
Which previous board posts ? I am looking for a dividend paying preferred to pay me some money every semester and not have to worry each time. Owe $3300 currently. I have 500 FMCKJ and 2000 common shares of FNMA. I need money tomorrow for this semester. Should I sell FMCKJ or FNMA? I wanted to hold in this run up but my luck is always bad.

u can read previous board posts on this matter - there is everything from $25 par to $100,000 par securities should do well.  You can also play the common too which have now blown out wider to the prefs (ie: cheaper) right now...

muscleman

« Reply #11237 on: January 14, 2019, 02:21:18 PM »

You spent over a year on this thread and now asking these questions??? :o
I think I recommended that you read bankruptcy investing and all that stuff one year ago. If you have read those books, you should have a good knowledge now.

Luke 5:32

« Reply #11238 on: January 14, 2019, 02:21:51 PM »
I don't think she means GSE prefs, she means other company prefs or dividend stocks.

muscleman

« Reply #11239 on: January 14, 2019, 02:26:34 PM »

Yikes.. Wish you best of luck.
Please excuse my comments if you think they are offensive, but my 2 cents is to cut losses short and keep profits long. You can handle the uncertainty and politics behinds it when you are losing, and you are holding on to hope you can sell for break even to get relieved, but now that the uncertainty and politics have finally diminished and stock moved sightly above your break even point, you are out? How can this not be a mistake? On the other hand, imagine Hillary won the election, and these preferreds lost big after she appointed David Stevens to FHFA, would you sell at those big losses, or would you hold on because you can't take losses?
Those would can't take losses eventually stop trading because they were forced to take mother of all losses.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 02:28:21 PM by muscleman »