Author Topic: FNMA and FMCC preferreds. In search of the elusive 10 bagger.  (Read 3309163 times)

Luke 5:32

Re: FNMA and FMCC preferreds. In search of the elusive 10 bagger.
« Reply #12990 on: July 15, 2019, 01:05:24 PM »
https://twitter.com/PaulMuolo/status/1150855958060576769
The Treasury plan to reform FanFred is at the White House, has been for weeks. Will it see the light of day? Yes. but who gets to see it first? And will it be set in motion?
Invest for retirement?  Sure.  But investing in eternity is infinitely more important.  Don't get it twisted.  "...but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal."  Matthew 6:20

Midas79

« Reply #12991 on: July 15, 2019, 01:16:28 PM »
FNMAS has traded more shares today than FNMA.  Not sure I've seen that before, although I haven't compared historical volume.  I post this as nothing more than an interesting observation.

By my data, today is the 41st time this has happened out of the 888 trading days since the start of 2016.

« Reply #12992 on: July 15, 2019, 01:17:47 PM »
FNMAS has traded more shares today than FNMA.  Not sure I've seen that before, although I haven't compared historical volume.  I post this as nothing more than an interesting observation.

By my data, today is the 41st time this has happened out of the 888 trading days since the start of 2016.

Thanks for the info, so not rare as it happens ~5% of the time.  I admittedly don't watch volume and price action each day.
Invest for retirement?  Sure.  But investing in eternity is infinitely more important.  Don't get it twisted.  "...but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal."  Matthew 6:20

allnatural

« Reply #12993 on: July 15, 2019, 01:32:14 PM »
Seems like this isn't such a big deal. If you listen to his Fox Interview, it sounded like government doesn't want to "TOTALLY" privatize the GSEs, as in there will always be some sort of government backing of some kind. Which has always been the assumption here. I don't believe many people thought they would be fully privatized with ZERO government backing. The Trump memo even asked for ways for the government to be compensated for their support whether implicit or explicit. Non-story.

He also mentioned plan still coming but timing unknown.

https://twitter.com/CGasparino/status/1150849333383835648
SCOOP: @USTreasury unlikely to advocate privatization as a viable option in @FannieMae @FreddieMac reform-sources; Treasury complaining lack of personnel w GSE skills slowing reform, timetable uncertain-sources more 345pm @FoxBusiness @LizClaman $FNMA $FMCC

DRValue

« Reply #12994 on: July 15, 2019, 01:36:03 PM »
Seems like this isn't such a big deal. If you listen to his Fox Interview, it sounded like government doesn't want to "TOTALLY" privatize the GSEs, as in there will always be some sort of government backing of some kind. Which has always been the assumption here. I don't believe many people thought they would be fully privatized with ZERO government backing. The Trump memo even asked for ways for the government to be compensated for their support whether implicit or explicit. Non-story.

SCOOP: @USTreasury unlikely to advocate privatization as a viable option in @FannieMae @FreddieMac reform-sources; Treasury complaining lack of personnel w GSE skills slowing reform, timetable uncertain-sources more 345pm @FoxBusiness @LizClaman $FNMA $FMCC

Ah so it's a clickbait tweet. Recap and release is still on, but it'll still be govt subsidised and not a fully private system.
Cheers.
Not Investment Advice. Do Your Own Research.

« Reply #12995 on: July 15, 2019, 02:05:55 PM »

Thanks.  Here's the clip: https://video.foxbusiness.com/v/6059461043001/#sp=show-clips

Midas79

« Reply #12996 on: July 15, 2019, 02:12:35 PM »
Thanks for the info, so not rare as it happens ~5% of the time.  I admittedly don't watch volume and price action each day.

I watch the price action more closely than most here, mainly in order to trade small amount of prefs around when opportunities present themselves. For example, I was able to sell some FNMAM for $19.99 and immediately turn around and buy the same amount of FNMAK for $19.55. It's picking up pennies, but the steamroller doesn't have a chance to move in between.

According to my database, FNMAS's dollar volume (approximated by closing price times volume) has actually exceeded that of FNMA 603 times over those 888 days, and FMCKJ's has exceeded FMCC's 480 times.

cherzeca

« Reply #12997 on: July 15, 2019, 02:20:07 PM »
privatize means= 🤔
reform means= 🤔
follow gaspo=😱

orthopa

« Reply #12998 on: July 15, 2019, 02:54:15 PM »

orthopa

« Reply #12999 on: July 15, 2019, 03:29:01 PM »

Thanks.  Here's the clip: https://video.foxbusiness.com/v/6059461043001/#sp=show-clips

So we know first part of the plan. A guarantee, seemingly explicit and most likely paid for. The details may conveniently leak from here on out.