Author Topic: FNMA and FMCC preferreds. In search of the elusive 10 bagger.  (Read 2590281 times)

Luke 5:32

Re: FNMA and FMCC preferreds. In search of the elusive 10 bagger.
« Reply #9160 on: January 18, 2018, 10:28:45 AM »
https://twitter.com/ks_lyons/status/954055477352108033
Lylac Realty, LLC @ks_lyons
Craig Phillips "no allergic reaction" to anything Watt suggested, "agree substantially" with his view.
Doesn't beat around the bush, gets right down to the business of Christ laying down His life and conquering death for you, me, and everybody else that accepts Him. "Oh death, where is your sting? Oh Hell, where is your victory?" Listen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bJzhkWVANc

rros

« Reply #9161 on: January 18, 2018, 10:30:50 AM »
I emailed Mrs. Shapiro to see if there is a transcript available post-meeting.

rros

« Reply #9162 on: January 18, 2018, 10:34:41 AM »
Can anyone explain why Jrs. aren't moving much today? We just had the T. Scy counselor agreeing -to a good extent- with Watt's plan. What is the holdup? Risk of receivership to create new shareholder-owned companies where the fate of legacy holders is uncertain?

Both Millstein and Berkowitz -in their original plans centuries ago- capitalized new entities using Jrs. at full face value.

« Reply #9163 on: January 18, 2018, 10:41:18 AM »
Can anyone explain why Jrs. aren't moving much today?

Probably because markets are inefficient.  Take advantage if you don't already have as much as you want.
Doesn't beat around the bush, gets right down to the business of Christ laying down His life and conquering death for you, me, and everybody else that accepts Him. "Oh death, where is your sting? Oh Hell, where is your victory?" Listen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bJzhkWVANc

investorG

« Reply #9164 on: January 18, 2018, 10:45:12 AM »
Can anyone explain why Jrs. aren't moving much today? We just had the T. Scy counselor agreeing -to a good extent- with Watt's plan. What is the holdup? Risk of receivership to create new shareholder-owned companies where the fate of legacy holders is uncertain?

Both Millstein and Berkowitz -in their original plans centuries ago- capitalized new entities using Jrs. at full face value.

imo timing. and the fact that they've had a great move of late.

watt and phillips just mentioned importance of working through congress. this could slip to 2019 when some bad actors are gone.

and if it doesn't slip to 2019, the bill has to go thru hensarling.  crapo might try to tack this on to the dodd frank re-do which would increase the odds of something passing the house and getting into law.

SnarkyPuppy

« Reply #9165 on: January 18, 2018, 10:50:57 AM »
FHFA:  Capital buffer is necessary
Treasury:  We expect our dividend
Action:   Coordinated and agreed upon capital buffer

FHFA:  Millstein plan
Treasury:  Nothing we are allergic to
Action:   ?

I think the odds are EXTREMELY low that FHFA acted in a silo here, despite clear coordination on other related actions.  They are politicians and they are very carefully doing what politicians do - crafting the optics of what is happening behind closed doors
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 10:53:50 AM by SnarkyPuppy »

cherzeca

« Reply #9166 on: January 18, 2018, 10:57:24 AM »
i think the market is confused, and i cant say i am surprised. 

you have three principal actors, watt, mnuchin and corker/warner, and only watt has really tipped his hand in any specific way.  CW2.0 is still being written, but to the extent it promotes competition, watt is clear that he is against that and wants FnF all alone (at least initially) as national full market participants such as they are now but subject to utility regulation (which would seem positive for shareholders).  phillips just wasted everyone's time by saying nothing, which leads me to believe that mnuchin is too busy still with other things to get any treasury plan signed off.

but yes, i would have thought the market would be more positive to the last 24 hours events

« Reply #9167 on: January 18, 2018, 10:57:39 AM »
I think the odds are EXTREMELY low that FHFA acted in a silo here, despite clear coordination on other related actions.

+1

Midas79

« Reply #9168 on: January 18, 2018, 11:14:12 AM »
FHFA:  Capital buffer is necessary
Treasury:  We expect our dividend
Action:   Coordinated and agreed upon capital buffer

FHFA:  Millstein plan
Treasury:  Nothing we are allergic to
Action:   ?

I think the odds are EXTREMELY low that FHFA acted in a silo here, despite clear coordination on other related actions.  They are politicians and they are very carefully doing what politicians do - crafting the optics of what is happening behind closed doors

I think the politics of who says what, when, and in what order is important. FHFA having this plan and Treasury saying "yeah sure, why not" is much better optically than vice versa.

« Reply #9169 on: January 18, 2018, 11:20:04 AM »
Seems to me like the timeline is getting extended (discouraging), but the likelihood of a favorable outcome is increasing (encouraging).