Author Topic: Stanley Druckenmiller interview (2018)  (Read 2054 times)

Nell-e

Re: Stanley Druckenmiller interview (2018)
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2018, 05:03:18 PM »
At the 17 minute 30 sec mark, does anyone know what Druckenmiller is talking about when he says "When you take away price action vs news from someone who's used price action vs news [for 35 years as their major tool, it's tough]'  ?

Can anyone further clarify the 'price action vs news tool' ?

sleepydragon

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2018, 05:07:29 PM »
At the 17 minute 30 sec mark, does anyone know what Druckenmiller is talking about when he says "When you take away price action vs news from someone who's used price action vs news [for 35 years as their major tool, it's tough]'  ?

Can anyone further clarify the 'price action vs news tool' ?

I think he is talking about algos/quant who uses news and prices as signals to trade quickly

Viking

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2018, 09:31:01 PM »
Liberty, i owe you a beer somewhere some day :-)  Thank you for posting the link.

A number of things have been rattling around in my head this year.  Most importantly, i have been trying to reconcile the end of QE (and reversal in US) and much higher interest rates (from the Fed) with what happens to the stock market.

Druckenmiller says the Fed will continue raising rates until there is a major event (a big stock market correction or worse). The Fed really has no choice.

I have been trying to raise cash; it has been a slow process because the market has been weak (especially financials). Perhaps i need to accelerate the process a little. Capital preservation is the key to successful investing. The markets are flashing yellow right now (looking at things with a 10 time frame). Will the light turn red next month when the Fed raises rates or not until 2019 or even 2020? Does it matter? Does one really need to be so precise?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 09:34:17 PM by Viking »

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2018, 07:17:23 AM »
Liberty, i owe you a beer somewhere some day :-)  Thank you for posting the link.

Come to the CSU AGM in Toronto next spring ;)
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | Interesting podcast on aging research

opihiman2

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2018, 12:11:54 PM »
Really good interview.  One of the bests, and an absolute legend.