Author Topic: David Webb - The 20%-a-Year Stock Picker Who Wishes His Edge would disappear.  (Read 4396 times)

Foreign Tuffett

Has anyone else gone through his list of holdings from late last year? He definitely holds some cheap stocks.

https://webb-site.com/dbpub/webbchips.asp

Sun Hing Vision @ 2.89 -- Trades ~40% above NCAV / ~6.5x EV/TTM OP / over 6% TTM dividend yield / Recently bought a property to  use as its HQ starting in 2021

Lung Kee @ $3.48 -- Trades ~44% above NCAV / ~5.25x EV/TTM OP / ~11.5% TTM dividend yield / Also owns some excess real estate

Ming Fai @ $1.09 -- Trades ~28% above NCAV / ~4.6X EV/TTM OP / ~6.4% TTM dividend yield /

kab60

I've looked at some of them and went with Lion Rock Group which is a pretty significant position for me. While not as cheap on a NCAV basis etc. as some of the above, it's cheap AND growing value nicely. It's a high quality business in a boring and tough industry but with high quality management. Capital allocation is stellar, and management has a lot of skin in the game.

Foreign Tuffett

I've looked at some of them and went with Lion Rock Group which is a pretty significant position for me. While not as cheap on a NCAV basis etc. as some of the above, it's cheap AND growing value nicely. It's a high quality business in a boring and tough industry but with high quality management. Capital allocation is stellar, and management has a lot of skin in the game.

Would you care to expand on this? While I only spent about 5 minutes looking at it earlier this week, my first impression was that it is a more-or-less fairly valued. What's the special sauce here? Why is it a high quality business? What make the capital allocation so good?

Spekulatius

Has anyone else gone through his list of holdings from late last year? He definitely holds some cheap stocks.

https://webb-site.com/dbpub/webbchips.asp

Sun Hing Vision @ 2.89 -- Trades ~40% above NCAV / ~6.5x EV/TTM OP / over 6% TTM dividend yield / Recently bought a property to  use as its HQ starting in 2021

Lung Kee @ $3.48 -- Trades ~44% above NCAV / ~5.25x EV/TTM OP / ~11.5% TTM dividend yield / Also owns some excess real estate

Ming Fai @ $1.09 -- Trades ~28% above NCAV / ~4.6X EV/TTM OP / ~6.4% TTM dividend yield /

Sun Hing vision 125.HK looks good to me. I havenít bought it yet, though.
To be a realist, one has to believe in miracles.