Author Topic: FNMA and FMCC preferreds. In search of the elusive 10 bagger.  (Read 1623732 times)

emily

Re: FNMA and FMCC preferreds. In search of the elusive 10 bagger.
« Reply #8102 on: September 12, 2017, 07:28:10 PM »
If Corker has his way: zero capital by the end of the year, would we not see receivership?. I am not sure why we would want to wait till the end of the year (or next year) for a resolution. The time is now.

Luke 5:32

« Reply #8103 on: September 13, 2017, 07:36:13 AM »
 Chad Pergram‏Verified account @ChadPergram 11m11 minutes ago

Ryan says Brady told GOPers principles of tax reform to be released Sept 25. Consensus of what the Big 6 envisions
"Bring your sorrows and trade them for joy. From the ashes a new life is born." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYQ5yXCc_CA&list=PLWvahZRxLnLMSWeULnub0CCeQzvxGM8hB

investorG

« Reply #8104 on: September 13, 2017, 07:55:21 AM »
apparently craig phillips talked about bringing GSEs out of conservatorship over the longer term at the conference yesterday. 

To me, this is huge news, and the first update since the very early days of mnuchin about their plan.

cherzeca

« Reply #8105 on: September 13, 2017, 09:32:05 AM »
apparently craig phillips talked about bringing GSEs out of conservatorship over the longer term at the conference yesterday. 

To me, this is huge news, and the first update since the very early days of mnuchin about their plan.

@G:  source?

Midas79

« Reply #8106 on: September 13, 2017, 09:34:17 AM »

@G:  source?

https://www.nafcu.org/News/2017_News/September/Treasury__HUD_join_NAFCU_Caucus_to_talk_housing_finance__reg_reform/

"Our goal is to work with Congress [to achieve] comprehensive housing reform," he said. That overarching reform effort also needs to address bringing the government-sponsored enterprises (Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac) out of conservatorship as part of a long-term housing strategy, he said.

It sounds like actually bringing the GSEs out of conservatorship isn't necessarily itself a long-term goal.

TonyG

« Reply #8107 on: September 13, 2017, 01:00:45 PM »
I agree Midas. Also, anyone care to guess why common was up 10% today? possibly based phillips comments from yesterday?

investorG

« Reply #8108 on: September 13, 2017, 01:15:54 PM »
I agree Midas. Also, anyone care to guess why common was up 10% today? possibly based phillips comments from yesterday?

good guess.

and the business partner of Tim Rood -- who is sympathetic to us in public appearances -- got nominated for FHA job.

combine that with Ben 'they can get paid back but not immediately' Carson, those appear to be good supports to Mnuchin / Phillips.

TonyG

« Reply #8109 on: September 13, 2017, 01:57:13 PM »
Think I found my answer

https://twitter.com/MattGoldstein26/status/908021925712101376

Sen. Brown and 5 other Sen. Dems send letter to Mnuchin asking Treasury to let Fannie/Freddie to retain capital ahead of GSE reform plan.

Haven't seen the letter yet