Author Topic: FNMA and FMCC preferreds. In search of the elusive 10 bagger.  (Read 2532985 times)

DRValue

Re: FNMA and FMCC preferreds. In search of the elusive 10 bagger.
« Reply #10190 on: July 16, 2018, 09:13:51 AM »
I feel like the commitment fee would pay for a guarantee but not make the government increase its liabilities.
Doubt it would be an explicit guarantee but it would be paid for.
Not Investment Advice. Do Your Own Research.

rros

« Reply #10191 on: July 16, 2018, 09:25:39 AM »
I feel like the commitment fee would pay for a guarantee but not make the government increase its liabilities.
Doubt it would be an explicit guarantee but it would be paid for.
Commitment fee is for the unused part of the credit line. A paid-for guarantee fee, if narrow, would be for specific mbs guaranteeing interest payments on loans. They are different and they can co-exist.

DRValue

« Reply #10192 on: July 16, 2018, 10:13:07 AM »
Anyone have a link to the latest mnuchin hearing? Or just the gse bits? I have no idea what the hearing was titled.

allnatural

« Reply #10193 on: July 16, 2018, 12:03:46 PM »
https://www.c-span.org/video/?448021-1/treasury-secretary-mnuchin-testifies-international-financial-system

Anyone have a link to the latest mnuchin hearing? Or just the gse bits? I have no idea what the hearing was titled.

DRValue

emily

« Reply #10195 on: July 16, 2018, 01:49:24 PM »
May be  bad news was buried here (32 bills combined). Sneaky they can be.

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/397276-house-leaders-strike-bipartisan-deal-to-boost-business-investment

Any idea why the pref shares are down today?

Luke 5:32

« Reply #10196 on: July 16, 2018, 05:04:47 PM »
Collins... FHFA is unconstitutionally structured, but NWS upheld.
Doesn't beat around the bush, gets right down to the business of Christ laying down His life and conquering death for you, me, and everybody else that accepts Him. "Oh death, where is your sting? Oh Hell, where is your victory?" Listen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bJzhkWVANc

« Reply #10197 on: July 16, 2018, 05:21:31 PM »

GSE's solvent in 2008 (attached)
Doesn't beat around the bush, gets right down to the business of Christ laying down His life and conquering death for you, me, and everybody else that accepts Him. "Oh death, where is your sting? Oh Hell, where is your victory?" Listen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bJzhkWVANc

« Reply #10198 on: July 16, 2018, 05:33:43 PM »

Full opinion attached.

cherzeca

« Reply #10199 on: July 16, 2018, 05:51:43 PM »
in collins, 5th circuit granted relief on the constitutional claim limited to striking for cause removal prospectively.  this even though HERA doesn't have a separability clause.  So NWS not stricken on constitutional claim.  But this opinion on the constitutional claim likely to be appealed by fhfa, and the APA claim denial and the denial of invalidation of NWS as relief for the constitutional claim also likely to be appealed by Ps, and I think scotus takes case. 

question is whether scotus reviews APA claim (both dc and 5th circuits had one judge dissenting) denial or only the separation of powers claim.  assuming Kavanaugh is confirmed, he is a solid vote for upholding the unconstitutionally structured argument, but he called for severing the for cause provision in his cfpb case (PHH).  however, the cfpb statute had a severability clause in the statute and HERA does not, and Lucia now stands for the proposition that in a separation of powers case (appointments clause), relief should be granted that encourages Ps to bring challenges.

so thin gruel, but gruel nonetheless.  up to now, we have been grueless, just like Oliver Twist.

rolg
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 06:04:14 PM by cherzeca »