New CoBF Logo

John Hjorth

Idea: when the market goes down the earth will turn red, the graph will go downwards instead of upwards and the plane crashes into the first bar of the graph. Should be possible to automate.

This reminds me: PlanMaestro on Twitter changes the color of his avatar with his perception of market levels.

I like it as well, although I think it would look better if the background were transparent rather than white so that the light blue background would show through.

Just a suggestion.

++ simple fix!

How about to grab this JPEG file named "cropped-cropped-Handover-Corner-Of-Berkshire-Fairfax-JPG-e1516151433460" from the site, fix it and send it to Sanjeev for a reinstall on the CoBF webserver installation? [ ; - ) ]

-I have forgotten how to do [read: manipulate] this in i.e. Photoshop, and nobody has asked me to document my investment returns here on CoBF so far, so I've had no need to refresh my memory!

I like it as well, although I think it would look better if the background were transparent rather than white so that the light blue background would show through.

Just a suggestion.

++ simple fix!

How about to grab this JPEG file named "cropped-cropped-Handover-Corner-Of-Berkshire-Fairfax-JPG-e1516151433460" from the site, fix it and send it to Sanjeev for a reinstall on the CoBF webserver installation? [ ; - ) ]

-I have forgotten how to do [read: manipulate] this in i.e. Photoshop, and nobody has asked me to document my investment returns here on CoBF so far, so I've had no need to refresh my memory!

Thanks everyone!  I figured the site isn't going anywhere, and it was time to make it a bit more permanent and recognizable.

John, I can send you the different JPEGS if you know what to do...I'm not particularly tech savvie.  I believe doing a clear version wouldn't be that difficult if you know what you are doing.

Cheers!

Just a suggestion.

++ simple fix!

Thanks everyone!  I figured the site isn't going anywhere, and it was time to make it a bit more permanent and recognizable.

John, I can send you the different JPEGS if you know what to do...I'm not particularly tech savvie.  I believe doing a clear version wouldn't be that difficult if you know what you are doing.

Cheers!

Since I suggested it I'd be willing to do it.  I don't have photoshop on the computer I'm on right now so I did this with GIMP (which I'm not all that familiar with).  If you want to email me the files, I'll do it tonight when I get home.  I'll send you an email in case you no longer have my address.

EDIT: deleted file, transparency didn't work. Like I said I'm not too familiar with GIMP.

Just a suggestion.

++ simple fix!

Cheers!

Do you have a photoshop (or GIMP) file with all the layers?

---

Oops, apologies to rk & ten for not reading your posts 1st.

Honestly, I thought it was intentionally cheesy or sarcastic.

The graph bars are going up significantly each year.  But a 4 year sample is a pretty short time frame for value investors and we are typically more accepting of volatility.

The plane is flying around the world.  But, that seems to be the antithesis of the frugal, under the radar, sound judgement style of most value investors. Unless that is a dig at Buffett's 'The Indefensible'.

What about a cartoon of Buffett and Prem picking up cigar butts off the street?

The graph bars are going up significantly each year.  But a 4 year sample is a pretty short time frame for value investors and we are typically more accepting of volatility.

The plane is flying around the world.  But, that seems to be the antithesis of the frugal, under the radar, sound judgement style of most value investors. Unless that is a dig at Buffett's 'The Indefensible'.

Each bar represents a decade and the plane represents flying coach.  There, I fixed it. :)

Eye of the beholder!  When it was designed, I thought the bars showed incremental growth...no cannabis or bit-coin...nice 12-15% annual returns.  The plane and planet are simply to show that there are investors on here from all over the world, and no matter where you fly, you'll find value investment ideas and value investors.  Cheers!

Eye of the beholder!  When it was designed, I thought the bars showed incremental growth...no cannabis or bit-coin...nice 12-15% annual returns.  The plane and planet are simply to show that there are investors on here from all over the world, and no matter where you fly, you'll find value investment ideas and value investors.  Cheers!

lol. Sanjeev, personally, I just feel that your chest and your back is covered with a thick layer of some weird & impenetrable compound of asbetos and cryptonite! [<- sounds good, right? -Did you [the reader, not Sanjeev!] get it? - in the context?] [ ;-) ]

In short: Thank you for keeping us all connected to each other via CoBF! For me personally, it has been life changing! - And life condition changing! - in a positive way!