Author Topic: US China Manufacturing Story Resonates  (Read 2177 times)

DooDiligence

• ♪ 🎶 ♫ ♪ 🎶 ♫
US China Manufacturing Story Resonates
« on: December 03, 2017, 10:23:19 AM »
I picked up a used 2015 Kenny Hill Estudio series classical (low end Chinese model) & have been playing it for a week now.

You could spend a lot more money for a lot less guitar (incredibly beautiful instrument too.)

The founder gives an interesting & detailed account of how he accomplished this.

http://www.hillguitar.com/website/news/articles/china.html

---

This article says they make around 150 guitars per year in the US & 50K a year in China.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2013/01/04/made-in-the-bay-area-hill-guitars-low-tech-product-belies-the-complexities-of-modern-manufacturing/

---

For now there are NONE on Amazon & very few on eBay.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 10:28:21 AM by DooDiligence »
abc 2.6 | abev 1.6 | aapl 0.9 | bbh 3.3 | brk.b 8.8 | chtr 4.2 | cvs 5.7 | dva 5.5 | dis 4.1 | ew 2.1 | gpc 2.8 | mo 6.1 | nvo 5.1 | sftby 2.3 | vde 4.2

(%'s held @ cost, PV allos are slightly 2 significantly higher. includes a slowly dwindling cash pile.)

-----

https://twitter.com/tunawish

John Hjorth

Re: US China Manufacturing Story Resonates
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 08:29:59 PM »
This is - to me - just so awesome.

A fellow board member [absolutely hell bent], pursuing own dreams, for life fullfillment.

I wish you all the best, DooDiligence.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 08:32:43 PM by John Hjorth »
”In the race of excellence … there is no finish line.”
-HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai

DooDiligence

• ♪ 🎶 ♫ ♪ 🎶 ♫
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 06:49:11 AM »

A fellow board member [absolutely hell bent], pursuing own dreams, for life fullfillment.

I just saw this.

Thanks John!

What's your favorite song?
I'll work out an arrangement & dedicate it to you.
(Disclaimer: may take up to a year as I'm friggin' swamped right now, but it will be done.)
abc 2.6 | abev 1.6 | aapl 0.9 | bbh 3.3 | brk.b 8.8 | chtr 4.2 | cvs 5.7 | dva 5.5 | dis 4.1 | ew 2.1 | gpc 2.8 | mo 6.1 | nvo 5.1 | sftby 2.3 | vde 4.2

(%'s held @ cost, PV allos are slightly 2 significantly higher. includes a slowly dwindling cash pile.)

-----

John Hjorth

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 04:16:47 PM »

I just saw this.

Thanks John!

(Disclaimer: may take up to a year as I'm friggin' swamped right now, but it will be done.)

After a lot of thinking - during several days: Are you serious about this, DooDiligence?

[Edit: Somehow, I suppose DooDiligence is used to this question - as a [retired]  sailor - so, it's all about me, and my own safety ...] And No!, this is not the place to laugh!

Yes, I've found something very special to&for you. Willing to proceed?

It's a song about love.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 04:34:44 PM by John Hjorth »
-HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai

DooDiligence

• ♪ 🎶 ♫ ♪ 🎶 ♫
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 06:30:50 AM »

I just saw this.

Thanks John!

After a lot of thinking - during several days: Are you serious about this, DooDiligence?

[Edit: Somehow, I suppose DooDiligence is used to this question - as a [retired]  sailor - so, it's all about me, and my own safety ...] And No!, this is not the place to laugh!

Yes, I've found something very special to&for you. Willing to proceed?

It's a song about love.

Hit me baby (I hope it's classical so I don't destroy my nails. If it's not, I'll re-arrange & lounge it out.)

I'm presently only working on Lonesome Stranger (crushing on EC fingerstyle) outside of the classroom & will put it in the cue (may take a while as stated before.)

-----

John Hjorth

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 01:31:36 PM »
Here we go, DooDiligence,

I really hope that this does not overshoot, and that it - somehow - fits your style and taste. Personally, I think that ie. Dolly Parton would really like it and perhaps even try to pick it up, if she was still active.

Song: On Youtube. [Actually two songs in that clip, it's the second one, which starts at 0:33.]
Chords: Here
Text [in Danish]: Here.[<- The name of the website translates to "The Library Guard"]

The music instrument is here an accordion, I imagine it would be awesome with a guitar as instrument, too.

- - - o 0 o - - -

I'll elaborate some more later!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 11:51:51 AM by John Hjorth »

DooDiligence

• ♪ 🎶 ♫ ♪ 🎶 ♫
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2018, 11:05:46 AM »
Here we go, DooDiligence,

I really hope that this does not overshoot, and that it - somehow - fits your style and taste. Personally, I think that ie. Dolly Parton would really like it and perhaps even try to pick it up, if she was still active.

Song: On Youtube. [Actually two songs in that clip, it's the second one, whoich starts at 0:33.]
Chords: Here
Text [in Danish]: Here.[<- The name of the website translates to "The Library Guard"]

The music instrument is here an accordion, I imagine it would be awesome with a guitar as instrument, too.

- - - o 0 o - - -

I'll elaborate some more later!

Easy peasy!

BTW, RiffStation is an awesome website (thanks.)

Be patient, I'm jammed up right now, but it will be done & videoed.

-----

John Hjorth

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2018, 11:28:23 AM »
DooDiligence,

I'm happy that you like it! I'll naturally translate the song text to English for you [-otherwise you'll most likely kill me if I listen to your work! lol] The Lady of the House accually has a combined economics & language education [languages english & german], so I'll ask her to provide some fine tuning of my best shot translation.

- - - o 0 o - - -

I'll still elaborate some more later! - And please, by all means, just take your time! - I have no intention to die tomorrow. [That may be subject to change though - I'm considering to load up on the Big Four US banks ...]

- - - o 0 o - - -

How about chords, DooDiligence? -I mean, can you read such things? They make absolutely no sense to me ...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 11:33:34 AM by John Hjorth »

DooDiligence

• ♪ 🎶 ♫ ♪ 🎶 ♫
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2018, 08:32:53 PM »
DooDiligence,

I'm happy that you like it! I'll naturally translate the song text to English for you [-otherwise you'll most likely kill me if I listen to your work! lol] The Lady of the House accually has a combined economics & language education [languages english & german], so I'll ask her to provide some fine tuning of my best shot translation.

- - - o 0 o - - -

I'll still elaborate some more later! - And please, by all means, just take your time! - I have no intention to die tomorrow. [That may be subject to change though - I'm considering to load up on the Big Four US banks ...]

- - - o 0 o - - -

How about chords, DooDiligence? -I mean, can you read such things? They make absolutely no sense to me ...

Those are in tab, which I can read (and they give the letter chord, for a fuller understanding of what you're playing.)
If they were written on a staff, I'd need another year to be able to follow them.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 08:37:10 PM by DooDiligence »

-----

John Hjorth

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2018, 02:01:21 PM »
Hi Jeff,

It appears, that I was willing to load up on the four big US banks in January this year. ... -Well, sometimes things and opinons just change. [It's now down to three.]

Somehow, I consider this topic your personal sandbox topic here on CoBF.

- - - o 0 o - - -

Congrats on your exams! -That's just awesome!

- - - o 0 o - - -

Also I just want here to express my understanding of you not being particular active here on CoBF ATM. Life isen't easy, when it gives you lemons. I just hope that you're [so-so] OK. [It will fit you well, if you aren't, actually.]