Author Topic: What are you buying today?  (Read 772447 times)

rjstc

• Lifetime Member
Re: What are you buying today?
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2013, 11:31:55 AM »
A rope.  With the market crashing it's pretty clear life is just about over.  Not much to live for with all the carnage out there.  This is terrible.

I agree!! That's why I ran off. A last gasp of fresh air before the meltdown.

rkbabang

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2013, 11:36:04 AM »
A rope.  With the market crashing it's pretty clear life is just about over.  Not much to live for with all the carnage out there.  This is terrible. 

That's a tough way to go, especially if you're not careful to do it right and you end up just blocking your airways and suffocating slowly to death.  You could do the Kurt Cobain thing, but even though that is quick it is messy.  May I recommend picking up a purple blanket, Nike sneakers, sleeping pills, and make some vodka jello shots.  The last people to use this method went with smiles still on their faces. 

There is always harakiri, it may be slow, painful and messy, but it is cool and will have people talking about it for a long time.

Kraven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2013, 11:45:15 AM »
Thank you for the suggestions.  All very helpful.  So how are others dealing with this?  We are down double digits in basis points now!  So crazy.  I am not sure what will become of all of us.  Will the sun rise tomorrow?  Will Kanye and Kim have another kid and perhaps point him to the east or south?  So many questions, so little time.
Buy cheap and something good might happen.

Parsad

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2013, 11:57:19 AM »
Thank you for the suggestions.  All very helpful.  So how are others dealing with this?  We are down double digits in basis points now!  So crazy.  I am not sure what will become of all of us.  Will the sun rise tomorrow?  Will Kanye and Kim have another kid and perhaps point him to the east or south?  So many questions, so little time.

I think their child may be the anti-Christ!  If the U.S. ever faces its demise like Greece, Rome or the British Empire, it will sprout from the loins of the Kardashians!   ;D  Cheers!
No man is a failure who has friends!

rjstc

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2013, 12:04:32 PM »
Like I read somewhere from some guy something like this "When the tide goes out you find out who is still wearing swim trunks". The image is one where it might cause some to use that rope.
  Then someone also said this which with patience might be an alternative. Buy cheap and something good might happen.

Kraven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2013, 12:15:40 PM »
Like I read somewhere from some guy something like this "When the tide goes out you find out who is still wearing swim trunks". The image is one where it might cause some to use that rope.
  Then someone also said this which with patience might be an alternative. Buy cheap and something good might happen.

Indeed.  I think that seeing most value investors in their swim trunks (or less) would be extremely distressing.

That someone sounds very wise.  Handsome and charismatic too.
Buy cheap and something good might happen.

rjstc

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2013, 12:45:18 PM »
The Onion> http://www.theonion.com/video/markets-in-turmoil-as-price-of-money-skyrockets-to,32940/

That was great. Especially the lead in about male (Investors?) problems with aim. Stock picking?

LC

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2013, 12:59:04 PM »
Looks like the grocery store has been having a slight sale the last few days. I picked up some tomatoes (WFC) and lettuce (PMI) but just a bit of each...maybe the sale will continue!
"Lethargy bordering on sloth remains the cornerstone of our investment style."
------------------------------------------------------------------
brk.b | khc | nke | mo | renx | c | wppgy | dis | cmp

ShahKhezri

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2013, 01:22:39 PM »
Sold 1/3 of IWM puts, bought back covered calls on NOV (at 70) and CF (at 195)...looking to put those on again at lower strikes, possibly in the money, get called and put to better use.

With the liquidity from the IWM puts, bought my last addition of SD (avg at 5.25 now) and added AAPL, now 2/3 done (avg of 418 now)