Author Topic: What are you buying today?  (Read 980569 times)

John Hjorth

Re: What are you buying today?
« Reply #2600 on: November 21, 2017, 04:14:47 PM »
Bought a 5% position in DISCK (Discovery Communications) after the recent sell-off

Somehow, your new board signature has a lot of appeal to me, Jeff!
”In the race of excellence … there is no finish line.”
-HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai

DW

« Reply #2601 on: November 21, 2017, 05:19:49 PM »
Bought a little more Wells Fargo and Google today

Rainforesthiker

« Reply #2602 on: November 26, 2017, 01:51:07 PM »
Bought a 5% position in DISCK (Discovery Communications) after the recent sell-off

Somehow, your new board signature has a lot of appeal to me, Jeff!

:)
The key question:  What is the "inefficient rationale" - the reason the market is mispricing the stock.  Why doesn't the powerful force of the wisdom of the crowd manifest here to produce the correct price?

sarganaga

« Reply #2603 on: November 27, 2017, 10:15:03 AM »
Gazprom (OGZPY)
I think political and associated "klepto" risks are  more than reflected in the very cheap price. While this could have some really nasty surprises, it also has multibagger potential. The ~6% dividend shows at least some shareholder consideration.  About a 2.5% position.

SafetyinNumbers

« Reply #2604 on: November 27, 2017, 11:46:11 AM »
Bought a little more ELF.TO.

Top 5 positions: ELF IAM GCM.NT/GCM PIF EFR.DB

John Hjorth

« Reply #2605 on: November 27, 2017, 12:49:07 PM »
Gazprom (OGZPY)
I think political and associated "klepto" risks are  more than reflected in the very cheap price. While this could have some really nasty surprises, it also has multibagger potential. The ~6% dividend shows at least some shareholder consideration.  About a 2.5% position.

I've been sitting on this damn thing for more than five years now. [very small position]. I suppose TwoCitiesCapital does, too. Waiting for the gas to flow into China in 2018. We should discuss it more in depth in its separate topic in the Investment Ideas forum.
”In the race of excellence … there is no finish line.”
-HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai

sarganaga

« Reply #2606 on: November 27, 2017, 01:07:03 PM »
Gazprom (OGZPY)

I've been sitting on this damn thing for more than five years now. [very small position]. I suppose TwoCitiesCapital does, too. Waiting for the gas to flow into China in 2018. We should discuss it more in depth in its separate topic in the Investment Ideas forum.

Great idea

Og

« Reply #2607 on: November 27, 2017, 06:08:51 PM »
Increased position in Liberty Braves & Liberty SiriusXM today

DooDiligence

• ♪ 🎶 ♫ ♪ 🎶 ♫
« Reply #2608 on: December 01, 2017, 12:39:23 PM »
BRK.B

I've actually paid a little bit more every month for the past 4 months now.

Anyone else who's dollar cost averaging into Berkshire should do it on the 15th of every month as it seems to always go down in the subsequent weeks after I add & then it rises to new highs again as we approach the 1st of the next month ;)

(Disclaimer: Whoever doesn't know to ignore my advice is in pretty sad shape.)
abc 2.6 | abev 2.4 | aapl 0.9 | bbh 3.3 | brk.b 11.6 | chtr 4.2 | cvs 5.7 | dva 5.6 | dis 4.1 | ew 2.1 | gpc 2.8 | mo 6.2 | nvo 5.1 | sftby 2.3 | vde 4.2

(%'s held @ cost, PV allos are slightly 2 significantly higher. includes a slowly dwindling cash pile.)

-----

https://twitter.com/tunawish

longinvestor

• Lifetime Member
  • Never interrupt compounding unnecessarily -Munger
« Reply #2609 on: December 02, 2017, 01:29:11 AM »
BRK.B

I've actually paid a little bit more every month for the past 4 months now.

Anyone else who's dollar cost averaging into Berkshire should do it on the 15th of every month as it seems to always go down in the subsequent weeks after I add & then it rises to new highs again as we approach the 1st of the next month ;)

(Disclaimer: Whoever doesn't know to ignore my advice is in pretty sad shape.)
Good show. I've been trying to get greedy(cute as well) and missing buying opportunities. The best price to buy is the current price. As long as the stock is selling below IV.