Author Topic: What are you buying today?  (Read 1128736 times)

Sunrider

Re: What are you buying today?
« Reply #2960 on: May 15, 2018, 12:47:42 PM »
Bought EPA:ALVEL, Netnet with 65% upside to NCAV and active share buybacks
Bought more SRC calls, spinoff is at the end of the month.

Bought a large position in MXP futures in my currency system. (Moves 50% of my foreign currency exposure from USD to MXN)

What gives you comfort that they got a handle on operations so that they can continue repurchasing shares? I only had a cursory glance through the annual report but it seems like lots of issues with assets. It's cheap, but is management competent and honest?

winjitsu

« Reply #2961 on: May 15, 2018, 02:46:19 PM »
Option will get adjusted down w/ the cash, so effectively this will be a call on the new CPLG. I think its (1) undervalued (2) volatility (and iv) will increase drastically post spin.

Mostly trying out the trade mechanics, so this is a learning opportunity for me, hence a tiny position size.

I wonder about the use of options in this context. The calls will be adjusted to deliver the spin and $8.xx in cash. Is your thought that remainco will start trading up quite quickly? Do you intend to roll the options if nothing happens for a while?

Thank you!

frommi

« Reply #2962 on: May 15, 2018, 09:05:52 PM »
Bought EPA:ALVEL, Netnet with 65% upside to NCAV and active share buybacks
Bought more SRC calls, spinoff is at the end of the month.

Bought a large position in MXP futures in my currency system. (Moves 50% of my foreign currency exposure from USD to MXN)

What gives you comfort that they got a handle on operations so that they can continue repurchasing shares? I only had a cursory glance through the annual report but it seems like lots of issues with assets. It's cheap, but is management competent and honest?

I don`t know. But i know that investing in netnets works and that netnets with buybacks work even better.

AzCactus

« Reply #2963 on: May 16, 2018, 12:05:48 PM »
ADS/NLSN

John Hjorth

« Reply #2964 on: May 16, 2018, 01:02:29 PM »
Added [seriously] to BAC, C & JPM within the last two days.
”In the race of excellence … there is no finish line.”
-HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai

petec

« Reply #2965 on: May 17, 2018, 12:39:05 AM »

Would you mind elaborating on your thesis? I know Mexico quite well so I would be interested.

Also, what currency system do you use and how have you structured the bet?

frommi

« Reply #2966 on: May 17, 2018, 01:19:57 AM »
It is based on relative purchasing power, term spread and cash interest rates. The mexican peso right now is very undervalued on rppp (~35%) against the USD and ranks very high on term spread and interest rates. Ruerd Heeg on Seeking Alpha has some good articles on currencies.

_JJ_

« Reply #2967 on: May 17, 2018, 06:49:56 AM »
CK Hutchison Holdings

villainx

« Reply #2968 on: May 17, 2018, 10:23:36 AM »
CK Hutchison Holdings

what are your thoughts on CK Hutchison?  Cause of industry, geography, leadership, diversification, value, growth, etc.?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 10:25:37 AM by villainx »

SafetyinNumbers

« Reply #2969 on: May 17, 2018, 12:29:16 PM »
Bought some PPR.TO. Probably the worst performing oil stock in the world. Has operational and financial leverage with two potential catalysts with its QC assets. Q1 was awful but Q2 cash flow should really step up and be an inflection point.
Top 5 positions: ELF IAM GCM.NT/GCM PIF EFR.DB