Author Topic: What are you buying today?  (Read 1342645 times)

alpha

Re: What are you buying today?
« Reply #4060 on: August 08, 2019, 03:28:42 PM »
SU.TO

I was wondering if Suncor was one Berkshire would consider acquiring (in its entirety, they already own a small position).  I had noticed a bunch of private jet traffic between Omaha and Kelowna, but since Suncor is not located there I suppose it is unrelated...  Only other frequent/recent NetJets trips to Omaha were from Van Nuys.

Berkshire always seems to be poking around the oil sands but never makes big direct investments, they seem more interested in selling the shovels. Kelowna is pretty popular with Albertans it could just be Abel visiting family etc...

Spekulatius

« Reply #4061 on: August 08, 2019, 03:51:33 PM »
I think Buffet hates commodity business , after all they are just price takers.
To be a realist, one has to believe in miracles.

rayfinkle

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4062 on: August 09, 2019, 08:21:25 AM »
Is anyone familiar with DXC? Stock is tanking today. I've followed at arms length for a while but am trying to brush up quickly. Thanks in advance!

boilermaker75

« Reply #4063 on: August 09, 2019, 08:36:39 AM »
Wrote some BRKB 195-strike, Aug. 9 expiration puts.

Wrote BRKB 197.5-strike Aug 9 expiration puts
Wrote BRKB 195-strike Aug 16 expiration puts.

kab60

« Reply #4064 on: August 09, 2019, 09:45:30 AM »
More Bery, More LNR

Sportgamma

• Fundamental Finance Playbook
« Reply #4065 on: August 09, 2019, 10:23:19 AM »
Upwork

Spekulatius

« Reply #4066 on: August 09, 2019, 04:00:11 PM »
Is anyone familiar with DXC? Stock is tanking today. I've followed at arms length for a while but am trying to brush up quickly. Thanks in advance!

Familiar is too strong of a word, but I have owned them for a little while. I was attracted by the cheap metrics. I sold after reviewing the first earnings after they announced their LXFT acquisition , which had not closed yet at that time. ( it was a negative earnings surprise). I felt this was quite complex and the business may be in rapid decline. Also, the Luxoft acquisition felt like a desperate measure. I exited flat, so avoided this dumpster fire. This company feels like a bunch of crappy IT companies held together tight duct tape. The buybacks have significantly worsened their balance sheet. I donít feel like I have a handle if this can turn around and managment isnít exactly inspiring either.

Gregmal

« Reply #4067 on: August 09, 2019, 07:01:11 PM »
AYR. Earnings from the cannabis companies this quarter have been incredibly robust, so I like this ahead of numbers. The peer group trades 30x EBITDA so with AYR pretty easily punching out 80-100M EBIDTA NTM, I like my chances here.

Spekulatius

« Reply #4068 on: August 12, 2019, 06:21:39 PM »
Bought back some WAB. Price seems under pressure after the secondary (GE liquidating shares they received as a merger consideration).
Starter in BNTGY (Brenntag). Small adds to BRK and WMB.

villainx

« Reply #4069 on: August 12, 2019, 08:56:03 PM »
Again,

Can I ask for your view on EW and its prospects?  It's not a company that gets a lot of analysis or opinion.