Author Topic: Want to throw up - read this reddit question and then the comments.  (Read 1992 times)

cobafdek

Re: Want to throw up - read this reddit question and then the comments.
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2017, 02:42:32 PM »
Funniest thing about this election is that this was actually an open question:  Which is worse, a child molester or a liberal Democrat?

The liberals/leftists have a lot of soul searching to do!
Yes, it's the liberals have a lot of soul searching to do. Not the fine people of Alabama who voted for a pedophile. You know, the Christians with the family values and all. SMH.

I don't know what it's like to be you, but it must be sad and tough to go through life taking everything seriously, having no sense of humor!  It makes you cognitively blind to see the word "funniest."  Sad!

It's not your fault!  It's probably just the way you're wired.  I recall somewhere else your saying you didn't like taking imaginative literature or poetry in high school or college.  That would explain your inability to detect subtlety and appreciate figurative language.  Many of your responses to my posts on other threads demonstrate this.

You're in good company.  I've pointed out several other prominent board members who need remedial lessons in Professor Munger's classes.  You should review the one where he says, "Invert.  Always invert."  That would be a first step in understanding how humor is made, even if you can't appreciate it when it's right in front of you.

DooDiligence

• ♪ 🎶 ♫ ♪ 🎶 ♫
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2017, 03:50:51 PM »
Funniest thing about this election is that this was actually an open question:  Which is worse, a child molester or a liberal Democrat?

Yes, it's the liberals have a lot of soul searching to do. Not the fine people of Alabama who voted for a pedophile. You know, the Christians with the family values and all. SMH.

I don't know what it's like to be you, but it must be sad and tough to go through life taking everything seriously, having no sense of humor!  It makes you cognitively blind to see the word "funniest."  Sad!

It's not your fault!  It's probably just the way you're wired.  I recall somewhere else your saying you didn't like taking imaginative literature or poetry in high school or college.  That would explain your inability to detect subtlety and appreciate figurative language.  Many of your responses to my posts on other threads demonstrate this.

You're in good company.  I've pointed out several other prominent board members who need remedial lessons in Professor Munger's classes.  You should review the one where he says, "Invert.  Always invert."  That would be a first step in understanding how humor is made, even if you can't appreciate it when it's right in front of you.

TBF high end humor frequently doesn't travel well via BBS, text & email...
abc | abev | aapl | bbh | brk.b | cri | cvs | dva | dis | ew | ffxdf | gpc | mo | nvo | sftby | vde

8 months left in the BRK.B 1st of the month DCA program (hoping 4 a selloff 2 go all in!)

-----

https://twitter.com/tunawish

cobafdek

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2017, 04:01:36 PM »

Correct!  Nor in person live, stand-up live, or video!

DooDiligence

• ♪ 🎶 ♫ ♪ 🎶 ♫
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2017, 04:59:25 PM »

Correct!  Nor in person live, stand-up live, or video!

IBTD, the Physicality makes for a better delivery...
abc | abev | aapl | bbh | brk.b | cri | cvs | dva | dis | ew | ffxdf | gpc | mo | nvo | sftby | vde

8 months left in the BRK.B 1st of the month DCA program (hoping 4 a selloff 2 go all in!)

-----

https://twitter.com/tunawish