Author Topic: What are you buying today?  (Read 1387929 times)

Cigarbutt

Re: What are you buying today?
« Reply #3770 on: May 13, 2019, 01:33:05 PM »
More CLF, CRSP, EDIT, AAL, started MPC, bid in for CTO
I can't figure out how to make money with CRSP and EDIT but found the following useful as it covers (the basics) the playing field.
https://www.cbinsights.com/research/what-is-crispr/

Gregmal

« Reply #3771 on: May 13, 2019, 02:13:40 PM »
I can't figure out how to make money with CRSP and EDIT but found the following useful as it covers (the basics) the playing field.
https://www.cbinsights.com/research/what-is-crispr/

Thanks. Its tough, and really nobody knows for certain with anything in these fields, but its also something very unique and for me at least, a worthwhile speculative allocation. There are winner take all elements to this and of the three public options, I've only really been able to determine a couple things for sure. CRSP will be first to market, EDIT has the strongest and most diverse patent portfolio and will be second to market, and NTLA is basically behind everyone in both cases.

cherzeca

« Reply #3772 on: May 13, 2019, 02:56:49 PM »
anyone sniffing aapl?

Spekulatius

« Reply #3773 on: May 13, 2019, 03:30:49 PM »

MPC is quite interesting from a value POV. Their cash flows that can be used for buybacks or dividends  exceed their earnings due to the cash stream from the MLPs.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 04:16:24 AM by Spekulatius »
To be a realist, one has to believe in miracles.

HalfMeasure

« Reply #3774 on: May 14, 2019, 06:14:39 AM »
anyone sniffing aapl?

Not yet, would like to see it lower given the app store news. Do you have a view on the app store antitrust concerns?

Gregmal

« Reply #3775 on: May 14, 2019, 07:16:34 AM »

MPC is quite interesting from a value POV. Their cash flows that can be used for buybacks or dividends  exceed their earnings due to the cash stream from the MLPs.

Twas the toast of the town, best of breed, sector champion maybe a year ago...now its poo poo. I don't see much that has changed to warrant such sentiment shift.

Lance

« Reply #3776 on: May 14, 2019, 07:30:30 AM »
M - Macy's, Inc.

Thanks
Lance

frommi

« Reply #3777 on: May 14, 2019, 07:59:00 AM »
JUN 2020 TSLA PUTS 10$ for 0.25$ and 50$ for 2.37$. I think the bankruptcy risk for Tesla is massivly underpriced in these options. But maybe i am just to stupid to understand this.

Spekulatius

« Reply #3778 on: May 14, 2019, 10:27:31 AM »

Twas the toast of the town, best of breed, sector champion maybe a year ago...now its poo poo. I don't see much that has changed to warrant such sentiment shift.

Me neither. Bought a starter today and will see how it goes. I have owned it way back in the past at the spinoff before the shale oil boom became a buzzword and sold it too early then. Thanks for posting.

I also bought some MSM. Arguably not super cheap, but I like the company and the management and I think it’s a good business.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 10:37:39 AM by Spekulatius »
To be a realist, one has to believe in miracles.

Castanza

« Reply #3779 on: May 14, 2019, 11:07:45 AM »
JUN 2020 TSLA PUTS 10$ for 0.25$ and 50$ for 2.37$. I think the bankruptcy risk for Tesla is massivly underpriced in these options. But maybe i am just to stupid to understand this.

That seems quite "ballsy." How large of position did you take if I might ask?