Author Topic: what are you selling today?  (Read 45421 times)

writser

Re: what are you selling today?
« Reply #130 on: February 12, 2018, 01:24:53 PM »
And we're in year nine of a bull market. We've bullied away the sellers on this forum and replaced them with compounders.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 01:26:30 PM by writser »
When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid.

rb

« Reply #131 on: February 12, 2018, 01:38:05 PM »
And we're in year nine of a bull market. We've bullied away the sellers on this forum and replaced them with compounders.
I got an itchy sales finger. I must sit on my hands.

rukawa

« Reply #132 on: February 12, 2018, 01:46:07 PM »
I've been thinking a lot about selling my most expensive net nets (trading at around 0.75% of NCAV) and buying even cheaper net-nets or ones which have heavier cash balances like Namura Shipbuilding, KDM Shipping or Kikukawa Enterprises.

TwoCitiesCapital

« Reply #133 on: February 12, 2018, 07:56:06 PM »
It's also because some of us think it's kind of pointless to have two threads for the same purpose - I post my sales in the "What are you buying" thread just so all transactions are discussed in one place.

Also, I don't post ALL of my transactions - just the ones that cross my mind at the time and the ones that might be worth discussing. I imagine other board members are the same.

John Hjorth

« Reply #134 on: April 16, 2018, 02:12:31 PM »
WFC. [All out.]
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 02:21:57 PM by John Hjorth »
”In the race of excellence … there is no finish line.”
-HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai

John Hjorth

« Reply #135 on: August 04, 2018, 09:23:01 AM »
Not actually today, but Wednesday this week, where there was a price peak during the day:

"Legacy assets":

MAERSK B.CPH [A. P. Møller - Mærsk A/S, ser. B], at DKK 9,000.00.

My brother built a position gradually November 2014 - March 2015 at average cost at ~DKK 13,400/share, doubled down at ~DKK 8,600 in February 2016, sold half in November 2017 at ~DKK 10,400 based on my recommendation, just before he gave me trading power of attorney on his behalf. He's now out with a positive zero, because of dividends.

I'm happy it's over now - the future for this company does not exactly appear to be bright.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 10:56:13 AM by John Hjorth »
-HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai

Spekulatius

« Reply #136 on: August 05, 2018, 02:42:04 PM »
Not actually today, but Wednesday this week, where there was a price peak during the day:

"Legacy assets":

MAERSK B.CPH [A. P. Møller - Mærsk A/S, ser. B], at DKK 9,000.00.

My brother built a position gradually November 2014 - March 2015 at average cost at ~DKK 13,400/share, doubled down at ~DKK 8,600 in February 2016, sold half in November 2017 at ~DKK 10,400 based on my recommendation, just before he gave me trading power of attorney on his behalf. He's now out with a positive zero, because of dividends.

I'm happy it's over now - the future for this company does not exactly appear to be bright.

The shipping industry is a disaster. Sure, money can be made in an disastrous industry, but why go there, when there are far easier way to do equally well with much less risk and effort.
To be a realist, one has to believe in miracles.

Spekulatius

« Reply #137 on: August 08, 2018, 04:12:50 AM »
Reduced my position in ENB and FB a bit. I added to FB after a disaster CC and now have reduced my position to what I had prior. ENB was an overweight holding that I reduced after the run up. I started buying into this to early. Still one of my largest holdings right now.
To be a realist, one has to believe in miracles.

cameronfen

« Reply #138 on: August 08, 2018, 07:10:57 PM »
Reduced my position in ENB and FB a bit. I added to FB after a disaster CC and now have reduced my position to what I had prior. ENB was an overweight holding that I reduced after the run up. I started buying into this to early. Still one of my largest holdings right now.

Same idea as you with FB.  Bought after CC, will reduce around 195 to my normal position. 

John Hjorth

« Reply #139 on: August 09, 2018, 02:36:07 AM »
More "legacy assets" in my brothers portfolio - small positions:

FLS.CPH [F. L. Smidth & Co. A/S] [Website].
NDA DKK.CPH [Nordea Bank AB].
PAAL B.CPH [Per Aaarsleff Holding A/S B] [Website].

- - - o 0 o - - -

End of of legacy sweep, except PNDORA.