Author Topic: what are you selling today?  (Read 61470 times)

DooDiligence

• ♪ 🎶 ♫ ♪ 🎶 ♫
Re: what are you selling today?
« Reply #150 on: October 06, 2018, 08:56:52 AM »
I should probably sell everything, except BRK, since my head seems to be filled with cognitive biases.

A small portfolio of rental homes would be in my wheelhouse but would require more actual work.

---

I'm taking a break from Twitter & the 24 hour news cycle for the rest of this month & will concentrate on my circle of competence (music & school) and my sphere of influence (the space that extends slightly beyond the length of my arms.)

I'll still peek in here to see if there's any interesting discussions about what I own but, as has been since its creation, the politics section is off limits.

---

I've been leaving the cellphone at home a lot & going to study in the afternoons under an umbrella at the beach & am considering expanding this by leaving the phone at home when I go to school.

It would stay connected to a wall, just like back in the day (no party line though.)

It feels liberating to be out of touch while at the same time being more in touch with what is actually near me.
Healthcare 35.2% - CVS DVA EW NVO // BRK.B - 21.9% // Media & Communication 14.4% - CHTR DIS

Drinkers & Smokers 13.5% - ABEV MO // Auto's & Oil 12.7% - CLB GPC VDE // Tech 2.0% - AAPL

%'s held @ MV 05/24/2019 minus $$$

i trumpet my ignorance

https://twitter.com/tunawish

John Hjorth

Re: What are you selling today?
« Reply #151 on: December 11, 2018, 02:46:42 AM »
Small positions - legacy assets :

LUN.CPH [H. Lundbeck A/S] - has done very well - not especially expensive right now, I think - just time to move on.
GEN.CPH [Genmab A/S] - has done well - biotech, thereby outside my circle.
SIE.ETR [Siemens AG NA, Deutsche Börse, Xetra market] - has gone nowhere for years ex. dividends - not a bad business - please look up posts by Spekulatius about it if any interest - just time to move on.
”In the race of excellence … there is no finish line.”
-HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai

boilermaker75

« Reply #152 on: December 11, 2018, 05:29:42 AM »
I should probably sell everything, except BRK, since my head seems to be filled with cognitive biases.

A small portfolio of rental homes would be in my wheelhouse but would require more actual work.

---

I'm taking a break from Twitter & the 24 hour news cycle for the rest of this month & will concentrate on my circle of competence (music & school) and my sphere of influence (the space that extends slightly beyond the length of my arms.)

I'll still peek in here to see if there's any interesting discussions about what I own but, as has been since its creation, the politics section is off limits.

---

I've been leaving the cellphone at home a lot & going to study in the afternoons under an umbrella at the beach & am considering expanding this by leaving the phone at home when I go to school.

It would stay connected to a wall, just like back in the day (no party line though.)

It feels liberating to be out of touch while at the same time being more in touch with what is actually near me.

Good for you leaving your cell home. The new Marshmallow test of self-discipline, the ability to resist a blinking inbox or a buzzing phone

Larry D. Rosen, L. Mark Carrier, and Nancy A. Cheever, “Facebook and texting made me do it: Media-induced task-switching while studying,” Computers in Human Behavior, Vol. 29, pages 948-958, May 2013.

John Hjorth

Re: What are you selling today?
« Reply #153 on: December 20, 2018, 01:44:41 AM »
Small positions - legacy assets :

COLO B.CPH [Coloplast A/S B]
NZYM B.CPH [Novozymes A/S B]
”In the race of excellence … there is no finish line.”
-HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai

kab60

« Reply #154 on: December 20, 2018, 03:59:12 AM »
Sold all of my Autozone stock last week (lucky timing). I might regret this a couple of years down the line, because these guys have a winning formula, but there's a real opportunity cost, and it was a really good IRR after the Amazon scare blew over. Lots of stuff looks attractive right now so solely sold on valuation (which isn't even that demanding to be honest).

Broeb22

« Reply #155 on: January 25, 2019, 12:41:01 PM »
EPAM...valuation is much higher than when I purchased so trimmed by 50% despite fundamentals continuing to hold up.

villainx

« Reply #156 on: March 10, 2019, 08:04:45 PM »
I exited my Markel position.  Not sure if that'll be a long term mistake, but didn't see enough positive to hold.

bskptkl

« Reply #157 on: March 14, 2019, 12:50:27 PM »
466 shares of ELAN... :)

aws

« Reply #158 on: March 15, 2019, 12:14:30 PM »
Apple: Sold Jan 2020 $200 calls against my entire long position after its pretty crazy run this week.  6% premium for 7% OTM call.  Quite happy to get this opportunity after how much I was down on this stock 3 months ago.

DooDiligence

• ♪ 🎶 ♫ ♪ 🎶 ♫
« Reply #159 on: March 15, 2019, 12:17:45 PM »
Some of my lower cost Altria shares for a small gain.

Still believe CEO & BOD are idiots.
Healthcare 35.2% - CVS DVA EW NVO // BRK.B - 21.9% // Media & Communication 14.4% - CHTR DIS

Drinkers & Smokers 13.5% - ABEV MO // Auto's & Oil 12.7% - CLB GPC VDE // Tech 2.0% - AAPL

%'s held @ MV 05/24/2019 minus $$$

i trumpet my ignorance

https://twitter.com/tunawish