Author Topic: what are you selling today?  (Read 53817 times)

Spekulatius

Re: what are you selling today?
« Reply #160 on: March 15, 2019, 03:48:04 PM »
Some of my lower cost Altria shares for a small gain.

Still believe CEO & BOD are idiots.

Why do you sell your lower cost shares ? You should sell your high cost shares, perhaps take a loss and either wash sale it by parking in another tobacco stock or just rebuying 31 days later.
To be a realist, one has to believe in miracles.

John Hjorth

« Reply #161 on: March 15, 2019, 10:15:48 PM »
Spekulatius,

Back in November 2018 - here - Jeff contributed in the ACA topic with a post, based on his personal & actual situation :

My previous employers obligation to provide me with COBRA insurance came to an end on 30 September.

Faced with the need to mitigate the potential risk to all that I've worked for & saved, I stopped in
at the BCBS service center which is conveniently located right across the street from school.

I had been paying Chouest $437 a month for the same great coverage which had previously cost me $104.30
(I thought the higher premium was still a bargain, thank you Gary Chouest!) & I expected to have to
start paying the same or more for a significantly higher deductible.

Instead, the ACA will provide assistance, which will result in a monthly premium of just $22.55 with no deductible &
a $2500 annual max out of pocket expense.

If you make less than $12,060 per year you get zip.

Passive income counts & I qualify for 2019 with the following projections:

$8,200 - Pell Grant estimate
$12,000 - expected dividends & cap gains

I expect to take advantage of this until May of 2022 when I'll earn a Bachelors degree & get back to work.

---

I thought this might interest anyone who has a friend or relative who needs assistance but hasn't yet gotten it.
Open enrollment is going on NOW.

Anyone who feels like I'm a slacker for doing this should examine whether they enjoy professional musical entertainment after a hard day at the office.
(They should also follow me around for a week to see how hard this stuff actually is...)

So much for the US Health Care System. If you are a healthy person in good mental shape, alone maneuvering this system may eventually put you on medication.

”In the race of excellence … there is no finish line.”
-HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai

LC

« Reply #162 on: March 15, 2019, 11:33:34 PM »
The amount of brain damage that single payer system would save US citizens alone makes it worth it.  ;D
"Lethargy bordering on sloth remains the cornerstone of our investment style."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
brk.b | dis | irm | mo | nlsn | pm | relx | tap | tfsl | vz | wm

DooDiligence

• ♪ 🎶 ♫ ♪ 🎶 ♫
« Reply #163 on: March 16, 2019, 09:10:22 AM »
Some of my lower cost Altria shares for a small gain.

Still believe CEO & BOD are idiots.

Why do you sell your lower cost shares ? You should sell your high cost shares, perhaps take a loss and either wash sale it by parking in another tobacco stock or just rebuying 31 days later.

Read my signature below.
The part right before the Twitter link.

[edit]: i forgot to add that I'm also still long MO Calls - Jan 2020 $52.50's & Jan 2021 $50's (fingers crossed...)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 12:27:16 PM by DooDiligence »
Healthcare 38.8% - BBH CVS DVA EW NVO // BRK.B - 20.5% // Media & Communication 12.4% - CHTR DIS

Drinkers & Smokers 12.3% - ABEV MO // Auto's & Oil 13.9% - CLB GPC VDE // Tech & Comms 2.0% - AAPL

%'s held @ MV 03/15/2019 minus $$$

i trumpet my ignorance

https://twitter.com/tunawish

DooDiligence

• ♪ 🎶 ♫ ♪ 🎶 ♫
« Reply #164 on: March 16, 2019, 09:12:04 AM »
The amount of brain damage that single payer system would save US citizens alone makes it worth it.  ;D

I'm single & was paying for drinks at the FloraBama last night.

I feel a lot more sane today.

That is all.

;D
Healthcare 38.8% - BBH CVS DVA EW NVO // BRK.B - 20.5% // Media & Communication 12.4% - CHTR DIS

Drinkers & Smokers 12.3% - ABEV MO // Auto's & Oil 13.9% - CLB GPC VDE // Tech & Comms 2.0% - AAPL

i trumpet my ignorance

DooDiligence

• ♪ 🎶 ♫ ♪ 🎶 ♫
« Reply #165 on: March 16, 2019, 09:17:11 AM »
Spekulatius,

Back in November 2018 - here - Jeff contributed in the ACA topic with a post, based on his personal & actual situation :

My previous employers obligation to provide me with COBRA insurance came to an end on 30 September.

Faced with the need to mitigate the potential risk to all that I've worked for & saved, I stopped in
at the BCBS service center which is conveniently located right across the street from school.

I had been paying Chouest $437 a month for the same great coverage which had previously cost me $104.30
(I thought the higher premium was still a bargain, thank you Gary Chouest!) & I expected to have to
start paying the same or more for a significantly higher deductible.

Instead, the ACA will provide assistance, which will result in a monthly premium of just $22.55 with no deductible &
a $2500 annual max out of pocket expense.

If you make less than $12,060 per year you get zip.

Passive income counts & I qualify for 2019 with the following projections:

$8,200 - Pell Grant estimate
$12,000 - expected dividends & cap gains

I expect to take advantage of this until May of 2022 when I'll earn a Bachelors degree & get back to work.

---

I thought this might interest anyone who has a friend or relative who needs assistance but hasn't yet gotten it.
Open enrollment is going on NOW.

Anyone who feels like I'm a slacker for doing this should examine whether they enjoy professional musical entertainment after a hard day at the office.
(They should also follow me around for a week to see how hard this stuff actually is...)

So much for the US Health Care System. If you are a healthy person in good mental shape, alone maneuvering this system may eventually put you on medication.

I'm deeply distracted by the sunk cost fallacy & find it difficult to sell shares of MO which are slightly underwater.

I know that I should sell if I don't believe that management is making good moves (and I don't.)

I should turn that into an if/then statement & see if it's a tautology.
Or would it be better to use a Venn diagram?

i trumpet my ignorance

LC

« Reply #166 on: March 16, 2019, 09:40:19 AM »

I'm single & was paying for drinks at the FloraBama last night.

I feel a lot more sane today.

That is all.

;D

water and advil, my friend  ;D ;D
"Lethargy bordering on sloth remains the cornerstone of our investment style."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
brk.b | dis | irm | mo | nlsn | pm | relx | tap | tfsl | vz | wm