Author Topic: what are you selling today?  (Read 76024 times)

Gregmal

Re: what are you selling today?
« Reply #190 on: May 23, 2019, 12:22:10 AM »
Sold 10% of my BX. Still cheap, but I think short term its overshot.

Castanza

« Reply #191 on: June 06, 2019, 11:50:37 AM »
Sold 75% of my HSY - Hershey position. Merely profit taking as it was my best performer this past year. Cost average was 95ish and sold today for 136. My thesis hasn't changed much on the company in general, but this rapid ramp up in price made me want to take some profits.

Edit: Tariff tensions are making me a bit uneasy with HSY. The three Mexican plants are quite important in supporting the North American supply chain. I'm uncertain how tariffs will affect the NA segment. NA makes up about 89% of HSY market where Brazil, MX, China, India make up most of the remaining market share. India is their fastest growing international market.

One thing I do like is Hershey owns all but 2(located in Georgia and NY) manufacturing plants. And in general, their products are manufactured in the marketplace which they will be selling. This helps reduce risk somewhat. Noticed a large surge in $125 August puts today and figured, might as well take profits. Honestly, this has been one of my best plays.

Link to the 10-k if anyone was interested. Don't think I've seen this stock covered on here.

https://www.thehersheycompany.com/content/dam/corporate-us/documents/annual-reports/2019-proxy-statement.pdf
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 12:17:15 PM by Castanza »

gokou3

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #192 on: June 06, 2019, 12:18:09 PM »
Sold LBRDA and CHTR over the past few days.  It may be a stupid decision as CHTR is on the cusp of gushing FCF, but I have made good returns on them in 16 months so I think there could be better opportunities in the rest of the Liberty empire and the rest of the market.  Sitting on about 30% cash at the moment.

Gregmal

« Reply #193 on: June 07, 2019, 07:45:53 AM »
Trimming CRSP.

Saluki

« Reply #194 on: June 07, 2019, 10:18:19 AM »
Sold off more than half of my Alliance Data (ADS) shares.  When they sold off a big chunk of their business at an okay price and it still didn't move the needle for them I started getting tired of waiting.

As I get more concerned about the economy, a company that has credit card receivables starts to look less attractive when you can pick up some BRK at under $200 (Buffett was buying back shares at a little more than this price last quarter) and FRFHF and Fairfax India at decent prices too, and they tend to scoop up bargains when it gets ugly on the street. 
If it's important, do it every day. If it's not important, don't do it at all.  -Dan Gable

Spekulatius

« Reply #195 on: June 07, 2019, 11:56:22 AM »
Sold DIS. I think it is fully valued.
To be a realist, one has to believe in miracles.

Lance

« Reply #196 on: June 07, 2019, 12:09:39 PM »
Shorted TSLA

Thanks
Lance

TorontoRaptorsFan

« Reply #197 on: June 07, 2019, 01:17:11 PM »

I think the price is going much higher. They're going to have excellent subscription numbers for the Disney+ channel. More Blockbuster movies on the way including Toy Story 4, Star Wars Episode 9, Frozen 2, and Lion King.
AAPL, BAC, BAM

Spekulatius

« Reply #198 on: June 07, 2019, 04:07:52 PM »

I think the price is going much higher. They're going to have excellent subscription numbers for the Disney+ channel. More Blockbuster movies on the way including Toy Story 4, Star Wars Episode 9, Frozen 2, and Lion King.

Possibly true. I am mostly worried about ESPN.

Spekulatius

« Reply #199 on: June 17, 2019, 11:10:04 AM »
EXO.MI, FCAU, FRA.DE