Author Topic: Where are the UFOs?  (Read 4306 times)

DTEJD1997

Where are the UFOs?
« on: November 25, 2017, 05:49:25 PM »
Hey all:

When I was a kid, I used to like to read and think about UFO's.  There were books & such detailing people's experiences seeing them & such.  Of course, there was also the Air Force's "Project Bluebook", and Leonard Nemoy's "In Search Of" TV show.  There were lots of photos showing grainy things in the clouds/sky that were UFO's....

Fast forward 40 years and there are BILLIONS of high resolution cameras that people carry with them ALL the time.

Of course, there are still photos of weird things in the sky from time to time...but no definitive proof.  Photos for the most part remain grainy...showing things way off in the distance.

If there are indeed UFO's flying around, you would think somebody would have captured proof of them by now.  OR if the government(s) had conclusive proof, somebody would have spilled the secret by now.

Oh well...

DooDiligence

• ♪ 🎶 ♫ ♪ 🎶 ♫
Re: Where are the UFOs?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 05:56:43 PM »
This guy prob has an answer but I got bored after the 1st few paragraphs & never found out.

https://aeon.co/essays/why-have-we-stopped-seeing-ufos-in-the-skies

I'm thinking people are spending more time on social media & simply don't have time to look for them.

That & the aliens may have found a more attractive species to molest.
abc | abev | aapl | bbh | brk.b | cri | cvs | dva | dis | ew | ffxdf | gpc | mo | nvo | sftby | vde

8 months left in the BRK.B 1st of the month DCA program (hoping 4 a selloff 2 go all in!)

-----

https://twitter.com/tunawish

Cameron

• blah
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2017, 06:03:39 PM »
They roamed around Earth until they discovered our stock markets and realized there wasn't any intelligent life here.

My guess they left in 1999.

UNF2007

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 06:06:24 PM »
You should listen to some Coast to Coast AM, they have people all the time on who discuss stuff like that in a pseudoscientific way, it's really entertaining, and scary at the same time.  They also cover topics as diverse as cryptozoology, underground military bases, archaeological and anthropological mythology etc. 

Partner24

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2017, 06:33:49 PM »
They roamed around Earth until they discovered our stock markets and realized there wasn't any intelligent life here.

My guess they left in 1999.

Ahahahahah  ;)

cobafdek

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2017, 09:57:47 PM »
I read this author about 40 years ago, and was surprised he's still around.  I spotted him on the History Channel the other day. 

http://www.daniken.com/en/

He's trying to keep up by being on YouTube, Facebook, and having 40,000 Twitter followers.

But all this stuff is eclipsed by--you guessed it--current events.  The same cognitive errors are in play, especially confirmation bias.  During the Obama administration, the delusions were limited mostly to the fringe conservative news outlets (Obama as Muslim, Kenyan, anti-Christ, etc.)  Now it's most of the mainstream media.  It's pretty amazing when CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NBC, New York Times, and Washington Post--not to mention the book on The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump by 27 psychiatrists--read like Chariots of the Gods. 

Pelagic

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2017, 08:36:46 AM »
Increased light pollution across much of the world and decreased night vision thanks to staring into screens for most of the day means that even those who do take the time to look into the sky are likely only able to see a fraction of what previous generations saw. Still, just because you aren't able to identify something doesn't mean you should immediately jump to an extraterrestrial explanation.

I saw a sky lantern flying across the sky one night and watching an orange glowing ball race across at roughly 300 feet raised a number of questions, clearly it fit the bill for a "UFO" - then I saw 3 more pass by on the same course and got a glimpse of the paper bag part of one and mystery solved. With the increased availability of personal drones, I'm actually surprised we don't hear of more "UFO" sightings. 

rkbabang

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2017, 10:34:56 AM »
If there are indeed UFO's flying around, you would think somebody would have captured proof of them by now.  OR if the government(s) had conclusive proof, somebody would have spilled the secret by now.

Yes you are exactly correct in the paragraph above. The conclusion I draw is that we have not been visited, or at least we are no longer being visited.   My personal opinion based on nothing concrete is that intelligent life is rarer than most scientists think and we may be the only intelligent species in the Milkyway right now.  There are surely others in other galaxies (there are just too many of them to think otherwise), but we may have this one to ourselves.

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2017, 12:37:13 PM »
They were never there in the first place. Ubiquitous cameras showed that. Leaks from even the NSA showed you can't keep secrets like that (Trump would've tweeted u by now). Same for yetis and others creatures (loch ness?).

Doesn't mean there can't be  life elsewhere in the universe, though.
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | Watch this, please

rb

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2017, 01:36:02 PM »

Yes you are exactly correct in the paragraph above. The conclusion I draw is that we have not been visited, or at least we are no longer being visited.   My personal opinion based on nothing concrete is that intelligent life is rarer than most scientists think and we may be the only intelligent species in the Milkyway right now.  There are surely others in other galaxies (there are just too many of them to think otherwise), but we may have this one to ourselves.
Or it could be that the theory of relativity is the final authority on space travel. So it's impossible or impractical for intelligent intelligent species to meet. It may be that there's a lot (relatively speaking) of intelligent species out there but we were never meant to hang.