Author Topic: 4659 JP - Ajis Co Ltd  (Read 8113 times)

sr_ryan

Re: 4659 JP - Ajis Co Ltd
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2011, 05:46:42 PM »
sr_ryan
I get notified of any postings, so let me know if you have any questions. Been out of the office a bit, but generally I will reply fairly quickly.

Thanks for a speedy response.

I wanted to let you know about a site that you might find interesting: http://www.sharedresearch.jp (apologies if this comes off as self-promotion, I am involved with the company). The site concept is to create a single resource for investors looking for fundamental information on Japanese companies (in both English & Japanese). One of the posters above mentioned using a machine translation for Tanshin, Yuho, etc. but in my experience these come with their own headaches.

Most reports on the site are company-sponsored, but there are also non-client reports that any user can edit (the site uses the same technology that powers Wikipedia). For listed companies suffering from limited (or no) coverage, the service fills a unique spot: a detailed explanation of their business that is as objective as possible (no stock price targets, buy/sell advice, etc.).

If you take a look, I'd be keen to hear what you think about the idea.

MrB

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2011, 02:52:27 PM »
Must have missed the email, because I never saw this. I will bear the website in mind when I research any J comps again and let you know.
You might want to consider speaking to Pronexus (7893) and/or Takara about your site. I would start with the former.

claphands22

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2011, 09:35:52 PM »
Hi MrB,

Are you buying this from a prime broker? Doesn't trade on the Tokyo Exchange so doesn't look like it's executable on IB and the pink sheet version hardly trades.

Great write up, thanks for posting.

MrB

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2011, 12:32:09 AM »
Check with Schwab.

claphands22

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2011, 06:02:16 AM »
Phoned Schwab, the minimum trade size is 5,000USD and the fee would be 100USD to Shwab and another 100USD to Japan. This commission fee stays roughly the same until the trade size gets over 20,00O USD then incrementally goes higher.

So even if I bought 20,000USD of Ajis, the commission I'd pay in the process of purchasing the security and selling the security would be 2% of my initial investment. If I purchased the minimum 5,000USD of Ajis, my percentage would be 8%.