Author Topic: 7399.JP - Nansin Co  (Read 5900 times)

west

7399.JP - Nansin Co
« on: August 06, 2014, 06:26:12 PM »
Another Japan idea.  This is another damn-close-to-Fujimak in cheapness and quality pick.

From Financial Times:
NANSIN CO., LTD. is a Japan-based company mainly engaged in the manufacture and sale of casters and dollies. The Company operates in three business segments. The Malaysia segment is engaged in the manufacture and sale of casters in Malaysia. The China segment is engaged in the manufacture and sale of casters and dollies in China. The Britain segment is engaged in the leasing of real estate in Britain. As of March 31, 2013, the Company had three consolidated subsidiaries.

EV/EBIT - 2.5x
EV/EBITDA - 1.9x.

P/TBV - 0.41
BVPS growth rate - ~11%+ each of the last four years.  21.2% growth three years ago.

P/E - 3.16x, with earnings being pretty flat over the last few years.  So, yeah, it's earned it's current market cap in earnings in just the last three years...

No weird Minority Interest holdings unlike some of my other picks.

EV/FCF of less than 3.0x.  FCF has been positive and high relative to current EV every single one of the last five years.

ROIC has varied between 10.4% and 22.1% during the last four years.

Double checking all the numbers one more time... there's is really NOTHING bad with this company (quantitatively... I can't tell qualitatively as we've discussed).  It's pretty much great all around.

Enjoy!

oddballstocks

• Lifetime Member
    • Oddball Stocks Blog
Re: 7399.JP - Nansin Co
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 07:47:47 PM »
This is a really good find, so good I've got an order out on it now as well.  Unfortunately it looks like there aren't many shares available.

I just went through all the financials and this is a great example of a good company that's neglected (JASDAQ) and faces a market structural issue (1,000 minimum lot size).  Looks like insiders own 23% of it, institutions another 13%.

Hoping my order gets filled on this one.
The ultimate edge for bank investors: http://www.completebankdata.com

rykelsap

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 09:23:13 PM »
Interesting find West, I appreciate the deep value Japan ideas. FCF was significantly negative in FY2008 and FY2009 but this appears to be a one-time outlay to open a new factory (at least from what I can approximate from the rough google translation). The company spent 4.6 bn in capital expenditures over the two year period, substantially more than the current market cap.

writser

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 05:54:16 AM »
Bumping this as it is still extremely cheap. Trading at 1/3 book, 1/3 sales, tangible book value increased by 9% p.a. the past five years while paying out a 2.5% dividend. Revenue has been growing every year for the past five years, company has been profitable every year, has paid off debt and has cash on the balance sheet roughly equal to the current market cap. If this was a badly managed US smallcap it would trade at least 100% higher.

Flipside: boring stock, no catalyst, not a great capital allocator at the helm like Michael Pearson.
When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid.

snow pea

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 03:37:13 PM »
Thanks for the heads up!