Author Topic: AAPL - Apple Inc.  (Read 1503658 times)

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
Re: AAPL - Apple Inc.
« Reply #6750 on: September 13, 2019, 04:58:07 PM »
It's not competition to Netflix. They're just starting out, they don't own an existing library like Disney.. it's a way to get more people inside the Apple TV app, where they can subscribe to other channels (like Amazon does), which can be a decently lucrative source of recurring revs, and a way to make the ecosystem a bit stickier. Over time they might build it into something more, but I think they doing it right by starting small and taking their time rather than try to do everything at once and having a ton of execution risk.
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | This podcast episode is a must-listen

SHDL

« Reply #6751 on: September 13, 2019, 08:10:41 PM »
I donít have particularly high expectations for TV+ either, but weíll see.  I remember having a similar, slightly negative reaction to Netflix when I first found out about their streaming service earlier in the decade ($6/mo or whatever for access to a couple of original shows with strange premises, a rotating roster of maybe two good movies at any given time, and a large collection of lower quality videos?) and I didnít bother signing up until everyone was talking about how great Breaking Bad was.  So Iíve decided to just wait and see what Apple actually puts out.  Itís a tricky business IMO where one big hit can make a huge difference.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 08:18:06 PM by SHDL »

DooDiligence

• ♪ 🎶 ♫ ♪ 🎶 ♫
« Reply #6752 on: September 13, 2019, 08:39:17 PM »
Iger's out & there's still no Mickey Mouse phone.
Healthcare 25.9% - CVS EW NVO // BRK.B - 23.1% // Auto's & Oil 15.0% - CLB GPC VDE

Entertainment 4.8% - DIS // Banking 9.9% - WFC // Drinkers & Smokers 4.9% - MO

%'s held @ MV 08/29/2019 minus 16.4% investable cash

i trumpet my ignorance

https://twitter.com/tunawish