Author Topic: ADVC - Advant-e Corp.  (Read 23000 times)

aalexa1225

Re: ADVC - Advant-e Corp.
« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2017, 07:43:29 AM »
Yeah... CEO owns 50%, so as long as their is not a take under, things will work out okay.

I wish they were buying back shares, instead of paying dividends, but really great financials.

Everyone, email the CFO and express pleasure at results, but ask for a shareholder letter or something.

AOA

KJP

« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2017, 09:45:42 AM »
Has there been some news today?  I managed to get an order filled to sell at $7, but I'm wondering if I'm the rube.

KJP

« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2018, 07:46:33 AM »
Looks like a $0.40/share dividend was declared yesterday.

KJP

« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2018, 07:13:20 AM »
The annual report is out.  Revenue ($12.8 million) and EBIT ($4.4 million) were essentially flat for the year.  After accounting for the dividend paid earlier this calendar year, the company has about $7 million in net cash.

5.8 million shares at $5.65/share = market cap of $32.8 million.  If the new normal tax rate is 25% and the company can keep all of the tax savings, run-rate net income is ~$3.3 million, for a p/e of about 10, and an ex-cash p/e of about 8.  EV/EBIT = 6.

At the historical payout ratio, 2018 annual dividend should be around 0.45 - 0.50/share.

KJP

« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2018, 04:26:21 AM »
Here's a recent VIC writeup:  https://www.valueinvestorsclub.com/idea/ADVANT-E_CORP/142356

Nothing really new in the writeup, but it does pull together the historical financials, which the company no longer reports to the SEC or OTCMarkets.

aalexa1225

« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2018, 08:59:44 AM »
Very strong financially. Pays a 9% dividend. That is great.

I am not sure I totally trust the management, but sunlight is the best disinfectant!

portfolio14

• Value Investor based in Australia
    • Portfolio14
« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2018, 11:59:46 PM »
Hi KJP,

I don't have access to VIC. Any chance you can send me (john@portfolio14.com) a copy? Thanks
--
John

Here's a recent VIC writeup:  https://www.valueinvestorsclub.com/idea/ADVANT-E_CORP/142356

Nothing really new in the writeup, but it does pull together the historical financials, which the company no longer reports to the SEC or OTCMarkets.

portfolio14

• Portfolio14
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2018, 12:08:07 AM »
Very strong financially. Pays a 9% dividend. That is great.

I am not sure I totally trust the management, but sunlight is the best disinfectant!

I said this before. When the 50%+ controlling shareholder is willing share his fortune via 9% dividend, he is not there to screw his long-term shareholders. He has every authority and incentive to stop dividends and cash out himself via salaries. But he doesn't.

Last time when he tried to reverse-split and cancelled it, you can tell he hated opportunists though.

Do you know ADVC's history, how the guy transformed the company from a Delphi-based desktop app developer to a cloud-based service?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 06:08:52 AM by portfolio14 »

KJP

« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2018, 03:45:56 AM »
Hi KJP,

I don't have access to VIC. Any chance you can send me (john@portfolio14.com) a copy? Thanks
--
John

The VIC writeup is older than 45 days, so it's publicly available.  You just need to register with the website to access it.

portfolio14

• Portfolio14
« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2018, 06:12:25 AM »
Hi KJP,

--
John

The VIC writeup is older than 45 days, so it's publicly available.  You just need to register with the website to access it.

Thanks!