Author Topic: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals  (Read 1766347 times)

alertmeipp

• Lifetime Member
Re: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals
« Reply #210 on: May 17, 2011, 11:45:15 AM »
Dazel, what % of your fund is in ALS.TO- seems like u are adding forever.?

Dazel

« Reply #211 on: May 17, 2011, 03:58:02 PM »

thanks for noticing us getting our ass handed to us!!! We sold almost everything after the tsumani rebound so Altius is our only real position...as always added too early!!

We do not run a fund..it is our money...across several accounts so not sure what the percentage is...

Dazel.

biaggio

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #212 on: May 17, 2011, 04:04:07 PM »
better to be too early than too late

I averaged in some as well

alertmeipp

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #213 on: May 17, 2011, 04:26:38 PM »
 ;D
Thanks for sharing your idea, I haven't done enough research so it's a relatively small position for me but I feel you. Don't count chips until you leave the table.

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #214 on: May 20, 2011, 11:02:35 AM »
Not directly about Altius, but about another producer near Labrador:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/story/2011/05/20/arcelotmittal-steel-quebec.html

International steel conglomerate ArcelorMittal will invest $2.1 billion to expand its iron ore facilities in Mont-Wright, Quebec.

The facility, near the town of Fermont, will be upgraded to be able to produce 24 million tonnes of iron ore concentrate by 2013 a major upgrade over the 14 million tonnes currently produced.

The company is also considering upgrades at a facility in Port Cartier. The expansion will create 8,000 construction jobs during the process, and 900 permanent ones once the upgrade is completed, the Luxembourg based steel titan said Friday.

Soaring global demand for the raw materials that allow economic expansion has caused a rush of investment in the commodities sector in recent months and years. ArcelorMittal, which has operations in more than 60 countries, has committed to hike its iron ore production to 100 million tonnes by 2015 to keep up with demand.

The world's largest steel producer, ArcelorMittal acquired most of its Canadian assets during the last round of consolidation in the steel industry in 2006. Among other holdings, they also own the former Dofasco steel-making facilities in Hamilton, Ont.

Earlier this year, the company took over Baffinland Iron Mines Corp. and its massive iron ore development in Mary River, about 160 kilometres south of Pond Inlet, Nunavut.
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | This podcast episode is a must-listen

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #215 on: June 01, 2011, 07:36:05 AM »
Dazel, is that you buying today?  ;)
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | This podcast episode is a must-listen

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF

naboo

« Reply #217 on: June 02, 2011, 07:27:01 AM »
*****  Every Penny Counts *****

Dazel

« Reply #218 on: June 03, 2011, 07:17:16 AM »

For those shareholders of Altius....
sleep tight....you own Candian resources in New Foundland and Labrador. Where the government is friendly and your CEO and resident entrepreneur is from there...
They are the largest holder of mining permits in the province and work closely with the government. We have not gotten any respect from the market for our political safety and "Canadian assets and cash equivalents" but we will.

www.nr.gov.nl.ca/nr/mineralstrategy/submissions/Altius.pdf

We made money a small amount of money on TRE on their $11 equity raise...but passed on all the high flyers with respect to China. We hope there is no fraud there of course for all involved.

But we chose the slow turtle like road of Altius. With an embedded margin of safety. We sleep well with our cash hoard and we expect a "Canadian premium" at some point in the future.

Dazel.

Dazel

« Reply #219 on: June 07, 2011, 03:02:33 PM »