Author Topic: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals  (Read 1375522 times)

Dazel

Re: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals
« Reply #5690 on: April 07, 2018, 07:31:09 AM »
https://republicofmining.com/2018/03/29/a-tribute-to-peter-munk-pierre-lassondes-memories-of-goldstrike-and-beyond-business-network-news-march-29-2018/

“If I have seen a little further it was because I was standing on the shoulders of giants”.

Peter Munk was a giant. RIP

Dazel

Dazel

« Reply #5691 on: April 07, 2018, 08:04:55 AM »

In the future I believe they will talk about Dalton this way.

I will share a quick Peter Munk story from one of his books....

He was sitting in his office and one of his employees came in to have a meeting with him. Peter says what I can I do for you? Are you looking for a raise? The employee responds...no Peter quite the opposite I have decided to leave Barrick I am going to retire and spend time with my family.

Peter says are you sick are you okay? How are you going to get by in retirement? The employee responds...thanks to Barrick shares I am worth $7m.

This was the first time that Peter Munk realized he was making all of the people around him rich.

Cheers to Dalton having this problem!

Good luck all!

Dazel

mugwump

« Reply #5692 on: April 09, 2018, 06:27:04 AM »

linealdin

« Reply #5693 on: April 09, 2018, 06:48:38 AM »
http://www.evrimresources.com/s/news-releases.asp?ReportID=820655

In January Evrim announced some good trenching results at the Cuale gold prospect. They continued to extend those trenches and today they announced some spectacular trenching results: Trench 1 has an interval of 193.5 meters of 2.09 g/t gold. Trench 1 in total grades 351.8 meters at 1.28 g/t gold.

Assays for Trench 4 will be announced soon but a 96.6 meter interval has the same strong alteration as Trench 1.

IP survey indicates the target is 300 meters x 100 meters.

We know the gold is at surface (open pit). We know the target is very large. Other high sulphidation deposits in the area are low cost and profitable to mine. Evrim has a strong incentive to keep the project wholly owned and drill it out in 2018.

This could be the next drillbit discovery on Altius royalty land.

Market likes the results. Edit: Evrim up 52.6% to 74 cents in early trading. Altius’s equity position in Evrim is worth C$8.5 million at that level. Plus 2 million warrants at 50 cents now in the money.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 08:10:08 AM by linealdin »

linealdin

« Reply #5694 on: April 09, 2018, 09:46:44 AM »
If Cuale turns out to be a high suphidation oxidized deposit it would be comparable in Mexico to Goldcorp’s El Sauzal (2 million ounces gold), Alamos Gold’s Mulatos (5 million ounces) and Agnico-Eagle’s La India (3 million ounces).

Agnico acquired La India from Grayd Resources in 2011 for C$275 million. These are very valuable types of gold deposits. Evrim’s market cap is still only C$45 million after today’s run up.

There’s an interesting detail in Evrim’s press release: “The low chargeability across the entire survey suggests any gold mineralization within the first 400 metres from surface may be oxidized.”

300 meters x 100 meters x 400 meters is a lot of oxidized material.

linealdin

« Reply #5695 on: April 09, 2018, 11:59:37 AM »
The word from Sept-Iles is a new trainload is arriving from Bloom Lake every single day. Big stockpile at the dock ready for loading onto the next boats (Suigo arrived yesterday).

Champion is making significantly more money per tonne than their feasibility study predicted. Their rail & port unions are happily contracted, zero risk from IOC strike. In fact less traffic on the QNS&L should make operations easier.

Undervalued stock. Stock should move once Q2 revenue and EBITDA, reflecting a full quarter of production, are posted.

linealdin

« Reply #5696 on: April 10, 2018, 03:18:43 AM »
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4612034

http://www.theaurora.ca/news/local/labrador-west-striking-steelworkers-and-ioc-possibly-going-back-to-the-table-200475/

Sounds like IOC called the union on Monday afternoon asking to get back to the negotiating table. Positive tone from the union president Ron Thomas about getting back to work.

Strike allowed the workers to let off some steam about management. Workers proved their point that they are united and resolute. Now they want their paychecks back.

I think a deal is reached and operations resume by May 1st. LIF loses 5 or 6 weeks of revenue. No big deal.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 03:23:25 AM by linealdin »

linealdin

« Reply #5697 on: April 10, 2018, 07:20:10 AM »
Evrim now trading at 86 cents. All based off a long trench result. This is a crazy run.

Altius’s equity position worth ~C$10 million at that level, not including warrants.

Evrim on their website now lists Cuale as an “Evrim Project” and not under “Seeking Partners.” It seems the decision has been made to keep Cuale 100% ownership and drill it themselves.

I expect an equity issue at some point to take advantage of the high stock price and raise a few million for a drill program.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 07:43:15 AM by linealdin »

nostradamus

« Reply #5698 on: April 10, 2018, 08:24:17 AM »
Do you think Altius will keep the Cuale royalty or sell it?

It seems like the market would give it a higher value on the balance sheet of a gold focused royalty company.

linealdin

« Reply #5699 on: April 10, 2018, 08:57:55 AM »
Do you think Altius will keep the Cuale royalty or sell it?

It seems like the market would give it a higher value on the balance sheet of a gold focused royalty company.

I don’t think they will ever sell a royalty of any kind. Altius won’t buy any producing gold royalties but organic precious metals royalties (if Cuale, Sail Pond, or Vidalita reach production) are welcome. Adds additional diversification to the revenue mix.

More immediate focus: How to cash out C$15 million to C$30 million from the Evrim equity position if drill results confirm a real discovery. Extra cash for debt repayment is a priority.