Author Topic: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals  (Read 1251256 times)

linealdin

Re: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals
« Reply #5700 on: April 10, 2018, 09:10:47 AM »
Allan Laboucan, resource newsletter writer, speculates that Paddy Nicol at Evrim has found his prospect generatorís Eleonore like Andre Gaumond did at Virginia Mines. Crazy talk at this stage but I love the excitement (and wealth) real discoveries create.

linealdin

« Reply #5701 on: April 10, 2018, 12:16:29 PM »
It will be very amusing if the Evrim equity/royalty ends up paying back the whole cost of the Callinan deal. Callinanís exploration royalties were disregarded at the time of the merger.

Roland Butler made some very shrewd royalty purchases while he was CEO of Callinan and now Altius is reaping the benefits (Excelsior equity/royalty is the other big hit from the Callinan royalty portfolio).

bizaro86

« Reply #5702 on: April 10, 2018, 12:40:02 PM »
I'm not a mining expert by any stretch, but those results (by Evrim) sound pretty close to me to being enough information to know that you can build a profitable mine there, does that sound right? Open pit would also be cheaper and faster, one would think. It would be nice to see ALS collecting actual money from a de novo royalty.

I wouldn't necessarily want them to sell a gold royalty, but I wonder if you could trade it for something. For instance, someone like Royal Gold might be willing to trade $1 of gold royalty revenue for $1 of base metal royalty revenue, even if the base metal mine has a way longer reserve life. I'd generally be in favour of them making a deal like that.

nostradamus

« Reply #5703 on: April 11, 2018, 02:28:29 AM »
I wouldn't necessarily want them to sell a gold royalty, but I wonder if you could trade it for something. For instance, someone like Royal Gold might be willing to trade $1 of gold royalty revenue for $1 of base metal royalty revenue, even if the base metal mine has a way longer reserve life. I'd generally be in favour of them making a deal like that.
Along similar lines, Altius clearly sees more value in the non-precious metals royalty space, so if they could sell a gold royalty at a premium and acquire a base-metals royalty at a discount, I don't see why they wouldn't do this...

linealdin

« Reply #5704 on: April 11, 2018, 07:27:55 AM »
Evrim continues climbing to 95 cents in early trading. Altius position worth C$10.88 million at that level.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ipvMN-OWlzk

In other exploration news John Kaiser, mining newsletter writer, discusses Avrupa Minerals starting at minute 20:50 of this video. Discussion of the drilling at Alvito with joint venture partner Oz Minerals (Altius holds a 1.5% royalty). The IOCG target is large but still conceptual. Drilling will confirm if Avrupa/Oz are on the right track.  Avrupa has also signed a letter of intent to joint venture 3 Iberian Pyrite Belt properties with a major international mining company. Deal should close in late May. Altius holds a significant equity position in Avrupa and will benefit from these developments.

linealdin

« Reply #5705 on: April 11, 2018, 08:30:08 AM »
http://www.mining.com/copper-supply-crunch-earlier-predicted-experts/

Copper supply crunch is coming sooner than predicted. 200 copper mines set to close operations before 2035. Not enough copper projects in the pipeline to replace that potential 15 million tonne annual shortfall.

Investors in copper producers arenít currently supporting new supply build outs; they want dividends and other forms of capital return instead.

Only much higher copper prices will incentivize new supply build out. This is the mega bull case for copper.

http://www.mining.com/juniors-struggle-compete-majors-exploration-chiles-mining-society/

Also of interest, an article on how junior copper explorers find it hard to compete in Chile because majors own the best exploration land and they can hold it cheaply without spending very much.

Altius had to be very patient to acquire the Aethon Minerals land packages. Only a deep bear market shook those properties loose for staking or optioning.

Chileís got all the copper but itís not easy to get a foot in the door.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 09:45:21 AM by linealdin »

linealdin

« Reply #5706 on: April 11, 2018, 10:23:00 AM »
Evrim hits $1.08! Altius position worth C$12.37 million at that level.

Loooong way to go before a deposit is defined at Cuale. Will the drill holes define mineralization that is lower or higher gold content than the surface results? What about metallurgy?

Location is pretty good. In a mountainous area not too close to residents who might be bothered by a mining operation. Road and power lines cross the property. Warm weather (the famous beach resort of Puerto Vallarta is 75 kilometers away) so year round drilling is possible. The Jalisco state has a mining heritage.

mugwump

linealdin

« Reply #5708 on: April 11, 2018, 10:34:12 AM »
drilltracker on evrim
https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/cdn.ceo.ca/1dcsfuq-Evrim%20April%202018%20Final.pdf

Amazing! The chart indicates that the Cuale trenching results are outliers: Some of the longest trenches in the historical database and relatively high grades considering those lengths. That indicates the potential for a high value, low cost per tonne, open pit deposit.

From the chart it looks like the Cuale 351 meter trenching intercept is the longest gold trench intercept in the database.

(My understanding is that some of the historic trenching results at Adventusís Sesmo and other targets are also outliers in this database.)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 12:19:46 PM by linealdin »

linealdin

« Reply #5709 on: April 11, 2018, 03:38:54 PM »
http://www.ganderbeacon.ca/news/back-to-the-bargaining-table-for-lab-west-steelworkers-and-ioc-201113/

IOC and union back to bargaining table on this Friday, April 13th. Hopefully more conciliatory moods this time.