Author Topic: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals  (Read 1766389 times)

Dazel

Re: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals
« Reply #660 on: May 30, 2012, 01:40:41 PM »

I know the world is ending if you watch tv or read anything....but has anyone seen the price of iron ore rise for the third day in a row...we are sitting at $135 on large actual transaction volumes even though the world is ending!?

Imagine for second that china was not tanking, the euro imploding and the US ready to fall off the fiscal cliff?

The Alderon deal is a long term deal....the next step in the deal is feasibility study...then the money is paid...once these events happen it will not be $3.42.... It will be higher.

bathtime

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #661 on: May 30, 2012, 04:00:21 PM »
Alderon/Hebei subscription agreement attached. They needed the lawyers for this one, long document.

Article on Alderon's "all star" team in The Business Post:

http://www.thebusinesspost.ca/usr/main/docs/24/Vol6issue8.pdf

LTVALUE

« Reply #662 on: May 30, 2012, 04:01:05 PM »
I have been following this forum for some time.  Great posts!

Altius has posted a presentation by Brian Dalton in Europe

http://altiusminerals.com/uploads/europe-2012-website.pdf

Slide 4: Pending agreement on Snelgrove Lake and a significant exploration alliance in Quebec anticipated

Cheers!!

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #663 on: May 30, 2012, 04:16:33 PM »
I have been following this forum for some time.  Great posts!

Altius has posted a presentation by Brian Dalton in Europe

http://altiusminerals.com/uploads/europe-2012-website.pdf

Slide 4: Pending agreement on Snelgrove Lake and a significant exploration alliance in Quebec anticipated

Cheers!!

Welcome to the board, thanks for posting the presentation!   :)
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | This podcast episode is a must-listen

bathtime

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #664 on: May 30, 2012, 04:18:08 PM »
Thanks for linking to that new presentation.

I noticed cash has gone from $173m as of 1/31/12 (per the last quarterly report) to $162m in the new Europe presentation. Any thoughts on what accounts for the reduction in cash?

Dazel

« Reply #665 on: May 31, 2012, 06:25:05 AM »

Very much hoping they are accumulating an investment for the fall in cash....they do not need to spend otherwise....Voisey bay royalty has been good as per royal gold's share of the royalty distribution this quarter...around $4m annualized.

Dazel

naboo

« Reply #666 on: May 31, 2012, 01:20:33 PM »
Alderon/Hebei subscription agreement attached. They needed the lawyers for this one, long document.

Article on Alderon's "all star" team in The Business Post:

http://www.thebusinesspost.ca/usr/main/docs/24/Vol6issue8.pdf

The agreement is subject to approval, so it is not a done deal.  Any chance that could be cancelled?
*****  Every Penny Counts *****

biaggio

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #667 on: June 01, 2012, 05:54:18 AM »
Thanks for linking to that new presentation.

I noticed cash has gone from $173m as of 1/31/12 (per the last quarterly report) to $162m in the new Europe presentation. Any thoughts on what accounts for the reduction in cash?

Share repurchase? (less shares outstanding)

Dazel

« Reply #668 on: June 01, 2012, 07:10:35 AM »

Naboo,

It could be cancelled.....we looked at this another way recently....why would Rio Tinto not come  in and buy out the whole thing at these prices? I mean really.

Buy out a
Altius at 50% premium...you get a majority stake in Alderon...basically for free because of their cash and Alderon shares....then you only need to pay another $50 m to control Alderon...

You get all of Altius projects including the one you know best which you are partnering with them now....and you become the largest land holder of iron ore properties in Labrador! They have been doing business there for over 50 years why not...it is basically free.

We do not want this to happen because it will undervalue the assets...but this is what businesses do....

So Naboo....this is also a possibility at these ridiculous prices....so there is risk to both sides in a deal not being fully completed.

Dazel.

Dazel

« Reply #669 on: June 01, 2012, 07:42:20 AM »

Iron ore prices up again today.

China stock market up everyday this week....this is very different then the last year and half where china was tightening....they are up over 12% this year....the market is looking ahead as it punished them while they tightened...they were down big last year....as were all commodities.

Dazel.