Author Topic: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals  (Read 1766346 times)

alertmeipp

• Lifetime Member
Re: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals
« Reply #670 on: June 01, 2012, 06:19:58 PM »
Dazel,

Are the cash in USD or CDN?  8)

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #671 on: June 02, 2012, 09:30:40 AM »
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-05-31/mittal-price-squeeze-in-960-billion-steelmaking-industry.html

This was posted in the posco thread but it contains a lot that it interesting about iron ore producers.
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | This podcast episode is a must-listen

Dazel

« Reply #672 on: June 04, 2012, 06:47:48 AM »

Cash is mostly cdn government paper....last I checked.

Dazel

shoeless

« Reply #674 on: June 04, 2012, 03:54:48 PM »
Some discussion of iron-ore, Fortescue and mention of Alderon:
http://brontecapital.blogspot.co.il/2012/06/how-business-decisions-are-made-in-boom.html
Probably belongs in the LUK thread but iron ore seems to be mentioned here more often

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #675 on: June 04, 2012, 04:13:56 PM »
Some discussion of iron-ore, Fortescue and mention of Alderon:
http://brontecapital.blogspot.co.il/2012/06/how-business-decisions-are-made-in-boom.html
Probably belongs in the LUK thread but iron ore seems to be mentioned here more often

There sure is no love for ADV in there. Thanks for posting, good to hear some contrary opinion even if I can't say I'm very convinced by what they say.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 09:31:05 PM by Liberty »
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | This podcast episode is a must-listen

value-is-what-you-get

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #676 on: June 04, 2012, 04:48:40 PM »
$110 iron ore prices may make Alderon borderline viable??  I wish he'd made that statement in the beginning so I couldve stopped reading sooner!

Dazel

« Reply #677 on: June 04, 2012, 06:29:56 PM »

Really John Hempton from Bronte Capital! He helped us out big time in Fairfax with his absolute  nonsense his short friends gang got killed shorting Fairfax and are still being sued....i have noticed interesting trading patterns in the illiquid axx shares....looks like John and his gang are up to their old tricks...we will let management know who they are dealing with.

Dazel.

Dazel

« Reply #678 on: June 04, 2012, 07:13:23 PM »

Please look up the threads on John Hempton and Bronte capital...for those on this thread who do not know him or what he has been doing for the last decade have a look....he is the biggest slim ball around.

Shoeless thank you very much for the post....it is likely that he and his gang are up to their old naked short tricks.....the biggest clue is the cdn and u.s exchange....as you will remember Fairfax left the NYSE after the dust settled with their fight against naked shorting.

Dazel.

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #679 on: June 05, 2012, 06:40:54 AM »