Author Topic: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals  (Read 1741505 times)

linealdin

Re: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals
« Reply #6870 on: December 10, 2018, 07:01:48 AM »
https://www.juniorminingnetwork.com/junior-miner-news/press-releases/878-tsx-venture/nai/55843-canex-metals-intersects-multiple-high-grade-veins-at-gibson.html

First drill hole result from Canex Metals’s Gibson prospect (Altius 1.5% royalty and lots of Canex equity):

Multiple higher grade veins intersected (such as 1 meter of 15.84 g/t gold equivalent), along with a 31.5 meter section of 1.33 g/t gold equivalent. It’s a start.

linealdin

« Reply #6871 on: December 10, 2018, 03:26:29 PM »
https://ceo.ca/@leni/a-conversationwith-chad-wells-vp-corporate-development-of-altius-minerals

Chad Wells interview:

“I can’t make a promise, but I'll say to you I have extraordinary belief that that $65 million will be worth the market capitalization value of the entirety of Altius, roughly $600 million, through the cycle.

“We're seeded up on the right deals, at the right time, in the right commodities and right projects that those things are going to deliver value.”

10 bagger from the PG equity portfolio. That’s also what I expect this bull cycle.

3 new project generation deals in the works. 2 of them likely to be the Aussie properties Broken Hill and Mount Isa.

Co-investment rights in Lithium Royalty Corp based upon Altius’s pro-rata equity ownership in LRC. So it could go higher than 10%.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 03:31:38 PM by linealdin »

linealdin

« Reply #6872 on: December 10, 2018, 07:08:51 PM »
Wells on financing $1 billion capex for Alderon:

“So is the capital there today? Probably not. Will it come? It will. Also, I'd say you don’t necessarily have to think that these things are going to be built by the market. There's a lot of diversified miners out there that have good balance sheets, have made a lot of money here in the last few years, again, and are going to be looking for shovel-ready assets to acquire to develop themselves. Maybe some of these things get built in different ways, not necessarily going to be through the capital market conventions of a bull market, if you will.”

The sale of Kami is a distinct possibility. Sprott and Altius control Alderon’s debt while Altius and friends have enough votes to push through a sale. A low ball sale of Kami to Teck for C$75 million is not a bad outcome for Altius. As long as the buyer can put the royalty into production.

bizaro86

« Reply #6873 on: December 10, 2018, 09:20:46 PM »
A sale of Alderon  for $0 would be a great outcome for ALS if it went to someone who had the money and intent to build Kami.

linealdin

« Reply #6874 on: December 11, 2018, 03:11:23 AM »
Chad Wells on the Labrador Trough:

“The way we see things playing out in the Trough, we believe IOC brings a lot of transparency and reality to the broader marketplace, of the niche, that Labrador iron fits. We think that spills over into Champion, which is a very high margin operation right now, but is flying under the radar. We think the market will take credence and recognition there.

“And as this market continues to want more high grade, low impurity iron ore, the next shovel ready project in that district is Kami.”

It’s public information that Teck and Arcelormittal had some involvement in a sales process for Rio Tinto’s 58.7% equity stake in IOC. Rio Tinto’s asking price was a sky high US$6 billion.

Teck needs to diversify out of coal. Iron ore would be a way to do that. Arcelormittal has operations close to Kami and a private railway with excess capacity. Instead of paying US$3 billion to US$6 billion to Rio Tinto those companies could easily take over Alderon for C$75 million and finance Kami themselves (in partnership with HBIS).

This is my preferred outcome.

linealdin

« Reply #6875 on: December 11, 2018, 05:27:59 AM »
The Aussie companies can still raise cash by issuing equity. EMU NL raised a total of A$1.374 million with two recent placements while PolarX raised A$1.26 million. Both companies are financed for their planned 2019 drill programs (Altius holds royalties on the flagship projects for EMU and PolarX).

Altius also had a change in substantial holding in Allegiance Coal. I believe Altius was due a milestone payment in shares when Allegiance filed for environmental permits.

linealdin

« Reply #6876 on: December 11, 2018, 07:09:35 AM »
LIF reports its Q4 dividend sometime this week, perhaps as early as tonight. Anything under 80 cents means they are still hoarding cash in hopes of a bylaw change allowing them to buy a copper royalty.

linealdin

« Reply #6877 on: December 12, 2018, 12:24:02 PM »
http://altiusminerals.com/uploads/2018--12-04-Scotia-London-Marketing-FINAL.pdf

New Altius presentation from London marketing.

On Alderon: “Project finance and other strategic alternatives under evaluation.” Sell the damn thing.

On Allegiance Coal: 1.5% to 3% sliding scale GSR plus option to purchase additional 1% royalty. That clears up the royalty issue. It will likely end up being a 4% royalty with benchmark coal well above US$115. Very valuable at Tenas’s projected 750,000 tonnes per annum.

linealdin

« Reply #6878 on: December 13, 2018, 10:29:18 AM »
Excelsior management telling shareholders:

1) They are targeting July 2019 for the beginning of production. Fast tracking is top priority.

2) Copper recoveries could be 10% to 15% better than the feasibility study projected. Feasibility was very conservative.

linealdin

« Reply #6879 on: December 13, 2018, 11:18:24 AM »
https://dpsi7pmz5b6vt.cloudfront.net/uploads/ckeditor/picture/7024/AHQ_AU_181212_Update.pdf

Research report on Allegiance Coal. They state that Tenas could be worth up to 41 cents a share after Itochu completes its buy-in to the project. Altius holds 55,564,278 Alegiance shares. Allegiance currently trades at 5.1 cents a share.

Report also claims Altius will get no milestone payments related to small mine permit filing (C$300K), small mine permit receipt C$500K) or production (C$2 million). Not what I heard.