Author Topic: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals  (Read 1763703 times)

hohi

Re: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals
« Reply #7260 on: August 27, 2019, 12:02:43 PM »
I couldn't resist and added a few more shares.
intrinsic value is just too high
Cheers,
hohi.

current resource positions: ALS.TO  //  NILSY  //  IVN.TO   //   DPM.TO   //   GAZ

linealdin

« Reply #7261 on: August 27, 2019, 02:00:04 PM »
https://ceo.ca/@newsfile/excelsior-mining-completes-pipeline-corridor-from-wellfield

Excelsior construction now 90% complete. The new royalty should start flowing in a couple of months.

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #7263 on: September 13, 2019, 04:40:51 AM »

Where do you see IV? How fast do you see it growing going forward?
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | This podcast episode is a must-listen

linealdin

« Reply #7264 on: September 13, 2019, 05:01:02 AM »
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/aethon-minerals-announces-earn-in-agreement-with-option-to-joint-venture-with-rio-tinto-on-the-arcas-project-in-chile-300916548.html

Aethon signs a farm out deal for their Arcas property with Rio Tinto. Up to US$25 million for a 75% stake in the project.

Altius has an effective 1.5% royalty on Arcas. The investment by Rio Tinto validates the good work Altius did with its partners picking up Chilean properties during the mining downturn.

Also Abraplata is acquiring Aethon in an all share deal. Altius becomes a significant shareholder of Abraplata.

linealdin

« Reply #7265 on: September 14, 2019, 04:38:46 AM »
Special divvie of $0.75 from LIORC:
https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/labrador-iron-ore-royalty-corporation-cash-dividends-for-the-third-quarter-of-2019-1-00-per-common-share-comprised-of-a-regular-dividend-of-0-25-and-a-special-dividend-of-0-75-803284545.html

I know Altius has a “trading position” in LIF that they sold off at $32. I hope they’ve been buying it back at the recent drop to $25. Cheap stock price for such a large yield.

hohi

« Reply #7266 on: September 15, 2019, 06:35:57 AM »

At least 25+ CAD, imho (realized over the full commodity cycle). I am as frustrated as all ALS shareholders over the last few years, but I am more and more comfortable with my position as cash flow increasingly trickles down as dividends. potash + low cost copper + potentially renewables are not prone to getting into trouble in case the economy implodes. ALS is building (and I would argue already has) a strong foundation for growth. Were will that come from? Who knows, and probably it'll be something nobody sees coming (like a billion dollar deal on Julienne Lake + Kami or sth.).

In short I see good upside with todays intrinsic value, a lot of optionality and not much downside (for the long-term value investor, that can sit on his butt and do nothing through decade long commodity cycles).
Cheers,
hohi.

current resource positions: ALS.TO  //  NILSY  //  IVN.TO   //   DPM.TO   //   GAZ

Williams406

« Reply #7267 on: September 16, 2019, 03:44:37 AM »
https://www.anglopacificgroup.com/labrador-iron-ore-royalty-corp-shareholding-increased-to-5-88/

Linealdin, We'll see if Altius re-purchased some LIORC of late. Anglo Pacific did. AP is approaching a 6% interest in LIORC.

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #7268 on: September 16, 2019, 01:51:21 PM »

At least 25+ CAD, imho (realized over the full commodity cycle). I am as frustrated as all ALS shareholders over the last few years, but I am more and more comfortable with my position as cash flow increasingly trickles down as dividends. potash + low cost copper + potentially renewables are not prone to getting into trouble in case the economy implodes. ALS is building (and I would argue already has) a strong foundation for growth. Were will that come from? Who knows, and probably it'll be something nobody sees coming (like a billion dollar deal on Julienne Lake + Kami or sth.).

In short I see good upside with todays intrinsic value, a lot of optionality and not much downside (for the long-term value investor, that can sit on his butt and do nothing through decade long commodity cycles).

Thanks. How do you get to that 25+ number?
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | This podcast episode is a must-listen

hohi

« Reply #7269 on: September 16, 2019, 11:39:24 PM »
Thanks. How do you get to that 25+ number?

Back of the envelope:
Producing Assets $725M
- Potash 400M+ [@ 20x FCF]
- Chapada 200M+ [@ 15x FCF]
- Voiseys 30M [@ 15x FCF]
- Coal 60M [@ 5x FCF]
- Met Coal 10M [@ 3x FCF]
- 777 20M [@ 2x FCF]

Development Assets ~100M
- Gunnison 17M
- Kami 32M
- Curipamba 10M
- Mt Pick. 10M
- Renewables Business 15M+
- Lithium Royalties 10M

Exploration Assets ~80M+
- IronOre Assets (JL, Geothite etc.) 30M+
- Royalties 20M+
- Other 30M+

That would be liquidation value for me
Cheers,
hohi.