Author Topic: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals  (Read 1766399 times)

Dazel

Re: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals
« Reply #770 on: August 19, 2012, 07:12:28 AM »
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/industry-news/energy-and-resources/oil-and-ink-publishers-bold-refinery-plan-raises-eyebrows/article4486051/

Great idea!
We think the better idea is the fully permitted NLRC on the east coast that is ready to go! Black mentions one third Chinese ownership...interesting.

Dazel.

Dazel

« Reply #771 on: August 19, 2012, 07:20:45 AM »
http://altiusminerals.com/projects/nlrc

The 36 month creditor standstill agreement expires November20 2012.

jjsto

« Reply #772 on: August 20, 2012, 07:41:24 AM »
Grandich on alderon:

http://www.grandich.com/2012/08/grandich-client-update-alderon/

from stockhouse bullboard

ItsAValueTrap

• Blog
« Reply #773 on: August 20, 2012, 12:30:44 PM »
Remember that Alderon is paying Grandich to say good things about them.  This does not generate value for society and does not generate value for all shareholders.

2a- Grandich is glossing over the value of Hebei's option.  If the project is not economic, it does not have to commit the rest of the capital.
2b- He is also glossing over the value of Hebei's 5% discount.
"It's far better to buy a wonderful company at a fair price than a fair company at a wonderful price. " -Buffett

my blog

Dazel

Dazel

« Reply #775 on: August 23, 2012, 01:13:07 AM »

Dazel

« Reply #776 on: August 23, 2012, 01:22:08 AM »

Royal gold is trading near an all-time high today. There PE is now 51.67.

To put that in perspective...51.67 times ( Altius Voisey bay royalty) $4m

Over $200 m pre tax valuation to Royal Gold market cap.

Dazel.

biaggio

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #777 on: August 23, 2012, 05:57:31 AM »

Royal gold is trading near an all-time high today. There PE is now 51.67.

To put that in perspective...51.67 times ( Altius Voisey bay royalty) $4m

Over $200 m pre tax valuation to Royal Gold market cap.

Dazel.

That s because the shareholders of royal gold are not as smart as the ALS shareholders (I don t include myself, though I have accumulated a significant amount). I think most current holders will be long gone way before 51  times.
Personally I am not counting on that type of valuation- it seems crazy to me
Dazel (and other posters) appreciate all your updates + posts.

Dazel

« Reply #778 on: August 23, 2012, 06:43:22 AM »
Biaggio,

As you know I post things that I see...what I take from the 51 pe and Franco Nevada valuation is that there are very very few royalty companies out there. So the lack of supply of this type of investment has investors fighting over theirs shares.

What this means to us... is that Altius has a hidden asset in Voisey Bay royalty that if sold to Royal Gold would be worth many many times at Franco Nevada or Royal Gold when compared to Altius.

This should give Altius a currency in this market. Do we want them to sell it? No. Unless they could
get $100m out of it. Take 25 years of payments out now. We are not saying this is going to happen but that the assets are being misplaced at Altius...the value of their assets will be priced in the market...there are  many ways to unlock hidden value.

The Voisey's Bay Royalty remains Royal Gold's largest royalty and the main reason they took out International Royalty from Altius.

Dazel.

value-is-what-you-get

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #779 on: August 23, 2012, 06:56:14 AM »
3- Alderon is no Consolidated Thompson in my opinion.  Alderon's ore will be penalized for manganese content.  I think that Hebei did protect itself by stipulating deductions for deleterious minerals in its off-take agreement (it's a pretty standard practice).  Otherwise Alderon could cut corners on mineral processing costs (e.g. not spend the electricity and mill capacity on grinding the ore finely) and ship a product with high levels of silica, manganese, etc.

I believe you are here for alterior motives based on the nature, tone and language used in your posts and even your username. 

Having done some subsequent research on your assertion above, I can find absolutely nothing indicating that 0.6% Manganese is a bad thing.  As a matter of fact Manganese is added in the steel making process up to 8% concentrations:

"Steel
Manganese is essential to iron and steel production by virtue of its sulfur-fixing, deoxidizing, and alloying properties. Steelmaking,[27] including its ironmaking component, has accounted for most manganese demand, presently in the range of 85% to 90% of the total demand.[26] Among a variety of other uses, manganese is a key component of low-cost stainless steel formulations.[24][28]

Small amounts of manganese improve the workability of steel at high temperatures, because it forms a high melting sulfide and therefore prevents the formation of a liquid iron sulfide at the grain boundaries. If the manganese content reaches 4%, the embrittlement of the steel becomes a dominant feature. The embrittlement decreases at higher manganese concentrations and reaches an acceptable level at 8%."

Please provide some sort of proof or citing that indicates 0.60% manganese in iron ore is considered a high level and subjects the ore to price discounts.

As far as Grandich not adding any value for saying good things about Altius/Alderon, it follows logically that we can do away with all forms of advertising as well on the same basis of not adding value.

I think the intelligent posters on this thread understand you better than you understand them.  The proof will lie in subsequent posts.